• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"...how long are we going to date before we just decide this ain't working?"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Auriemma Blames Notre Dame for Realignment Issues

LOL!

Excerpt:

UConn coach Geno Auriemma thinks that the Big East conference's realignment issues could have been solved years ago with one simple move — Notre Dame's football team joining the league.

"They've been in our league 17 years, so how long are we going to date before we just decide this ain't working. And I'm not happy about it," Auriemma said at the conference's annual women's basketball media day Thursday. "That's not the opinion of the University of Connecticut, the Big East Conference. ... That's just Geno Auriemma's opinion."

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Related:

ACC won't take Irish without football

The Atlantic Coast Conference made it very clear at its basketball media day yesterday that it will not accept the kind of partial arrangement Notre Dame has with the Big East. If the Irish are looking for a home in the Eastern part of the country, they'll have to take their football team with them if the want to join the ACC.

ACC commissioner John Swofford made news at the conference’s preseason basketball gabfest Wednesday. Very good news for those of us who appreciate the league’s historic sense of equity.

Of most interest nationally, Swofford dismissed chatter of Notre Dame joining the ACC for all sports other than football.

“We're an all-in, revenue-equal conference,” Swofford said here at the Charlotte Ritz-Carlton. “That's very basic to us. That's what works for us. ... I think going forward we will continue to consider equal revenue sharing and full membership or no membership (important) in our conference. I don't see that changing. ”

Link to full story

Feeling more used than ever...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Until the B1G comes calling  ;)

• Content Count:  490

Until the B1G comes calling  ;)

I agree. I cannot see ND playing in the ACC. If and when the Irish join a conference, they will land in the B1G.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I've always had respect for Geno, but when I saw this earlier today, I gained a whole lot more. It's about time someone called them out publicly

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

They'll eventually land in the B1g with the rest of the self important, enjoys the smell of their own farts programs. 

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lol nice

• Content Count:  5,903

Related:

ACC won't take Irish without football

The Atlantic Coast Conference made it very clear at its basketball media day yesterday that it will not accept the kind of partial arrangement Notre Dame has with the Big East. If the Irish are looking for a home in the Eastern part of the country, they'll have to take their football team with them if the want to join the ACC.

ACC commissioner John Swofford made news at the conference’s preseason basketball gabfest Wednesday. Very good news for those of us who appreciate the league’s historic sense of equity.

Of most interest nationally, Swofford dismissed chatter of Notre Dame joining the ACC for all sports other than football.

“We're an all-in, revenue-equal conference,†Swofford said here at the Charlotte Ritz-Carlton. “That's very basic to us. That's what works for us. ... I think going forward we will continue to consider equal revenue sharing and full membership or no membership (important) in our conference. I don't see that changing. â€

Link to full story

Feeling more used than ever...

Wait.... What? There are conferences out there without partial members?

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Geno is the ******* man!!!!!!!1

:cheers :cheers :cheers

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

It would take another 5-10 years of crappy Irish football teams, for the NBC contract to dry up, merchandise sales to plummet, before they would consider jumping in a league. Right now, they are a team with a bankable past. Keep losing and that goes bye bye.

Archived