• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I guess it gets easier with each loss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

We never should have lost to UConn, this year or last.  If someone told me in 2009 that we'd lose the next two to UConn and they would never score an offensive TD in either game, I'd have laughed in their faces. 

Agreed 100%

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I sure don't get the thought process that each loss gets easier to take.  I certainly did not expect us to win them all but expected us to compete in Big East.  Each loss is worse than the one before because there are more losses and it becomes more apparent our conference fate is again sealed. If I felt each additional loss was less upsetting I would just give up.  Hope nobody on the team feels that way. 

As a fan, we are allowed to feel this way because we are not playing the game.  However the players need to get themselves up for each and every game. 

But much like collapses in the past years in October, we appear to be headed for a slide.  2 in a row, no excuses for Saturday, we gave the game away. 

We are in last place in the Big East right now.  Who would have thought that 3 weeks ago?  Not me. 

For me, my bar was set very high after the ND win and 3 wins after that.  I thought the past was behind us.  But we appear to be jinxed and so I have set my bar very low now.  In my opinion, each game has a greater likelihood of being a Loss than a Win.  So if we do win a couple, I will be pleasantly surprised.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

We never should have lost to UConn, this year or last.  If someone told me in 2009 that we'd lose the next two to UConn and they would never score an offensive TD in either game, I'd have laughed in their faces. 

Agreed 100%

this nonsensical arrogance is why we lose

uconn is a sound football team

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Agreed 100%

Yep.  My attitude has a direct effect on the way USF plays and completely contributes to whether or not USF wins.  I guess I should tone that down.  ::):D

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

nonsensical arrogance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Agreed 100%

Yep.  My attitude has a direct effect on the way USF plays and completely contributes to whether or not USF wins.  I guess I should tone that down.   ::):D

Teams always lose because they and their fans think they can win.  It is one of the immutable laws of nature.

• Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Agreed 100%

Do u know anything about football?  UConn chugs.  They are ranked 72nd in the country.  Below us and even UCF.  Please stop saying dumb things like that.

Archived