• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Under Armour Wounded Warrior Project

Skingraft

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

Problem is skingraft, you don't even know if they are profiting.  Just because they are paying 10% to WWP on apparel doesn't mean in the whole scheme of their promotion of WWP they are profiting.  I very seriously doubt it. 

No good deed should go unpunished I guess.

You are aware that the folks that actually work at the WWP draw a salary, right?  Most probably wouldn't be able to commit their time for years upon years without a salary.  UA is no different.  Contrary to what you read in the news, corporate resources are not endless. 

Would the Bookstore carry the product if there were no markup in it for them?  I don't know.  But by carrying the product funds are being raised.  And that's what matters.  I don't think UA needs the WWP logo to make bucks.

This is an interesting discussion for the sake of the WWP (which I donate too already along with the Freedom Alliance) that I hope for which you are in the most extreme minority.  Without UA I can't imagine the WWP in the forefront as much as it is today.  I hope people continue to support the Wounded Warrior Project and if there are any questions as to the partnership with UA, contact the WWP directly and see how it's working out for them.  Don't base kneejerk reactions on what you read here.  Show me where UA is truly "profiting" from the death and dismembement of our soldiers and I'll join your side.  Until then, I'd direct my energies towards supporting the WWP and the FA and drop thoughts of an OccupyUnderArmour.com reaction.  It's a little unnecessary with such little information to support it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Have to agree a little with everyone that's posted. First off, it's a choice. Sure 10% seems small. If you disagree don't buy it. Take that $82+ and go directly to the WPP website and donate it. Being a Vet myself, I appreciate any corporation donating money to these type projects. Do what's right in you heart. It is your choice.

BTW, if you really look at any charitable organization, you'll find that not all the money actually goes to the charity. If you've been in the Military you get hounded to donate money through CFC. If you check the percentage that do to "Admin" you'd be amazed. I donate no matter what because I hope to make a difference. That's really what it's all about. Remember this: Volunteer you time and money: because everything you do for yourself dies with you, while everything you do for otheres will live forever."

Very well said-

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know if the 10% donation is correct or not, I do know that UA donates to the WWP, the Pat Tillman Foundation, Birdies for the Brave, Navy Seal Warrior Fund, Naval Special Warfare Foundation, the Best Ranger Competition, Lone Survivor Foundation along with sponsoring the Warriors Tour and Coaches Tour for the troops.  I'm a prior service member and UA doesn't seem to me to be a Corporation out to screw over Vets.  We all have choices, just choose wisely, and always be careful of taking anything said in a bar or pub as a gospel.  

For additional information on the WWP click on link:http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/content/view/673

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

got my USF wounded warrier UA shirt the other day at the bookstore.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the visibility and exposure that WWP is receiving from UA is worth considerably more than that 10%....

good move by WWP to drive donations.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Every "charity" has overhead costs. Usually of the donations to the charity only 10-20% make it to the "front lines". Check out the finances of an organization like the red cross.

10% of income is a nice chunk.

Do you donate 10% of your income?  Think about it for a little while.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

it says "10% of the proceeds"

that sounds more like 10% off the front end, not the back.  i would say this is most of the profit that would be seen after all of the costs

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

the visibility and exposure that WWP is receiving from UA is worth considerably more than that 10%....

This ...

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Slightly OT, but does anyone know if our jerseys for this game are getting revised?

South Carolina was not allowed to play in their jerseys after SEC officials deemed the numbers too difficult to read in pregame warm-ups. 

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This ...

Hey, with your logic-if they would have given 10% of their effort that would have been better than nothing at all.  Yes, the publicity is good for the cause but I feel 10% is pathetic and you don't put yourself in a position to take from those who barely have nothing...you catch UA's back and I'll catch my boys...they all deserve more than "its better than nothing"....

Archived