• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Master Plan question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

there are two fields just north of the two intramural softball fields and the football practice fields.

one looks like a lacrosse field and the other i don't know.  anyone have an idea?  how about the two smaller east-east fields just south of those?

sorry can't find the link for the master plan, but i'm looking at the future land use (element 4), figure 4-2. "Long Range Campus Master Plan Concept"

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Those were the old football practice fields that have been expanded/renovated to be the Sports Clubs practice fields. Lacrosse, rugby, and ultimate all practice out there (plus a few other clubs).  It allows the clubs to have their own fields and IMs will use the softball fields, Fowler fields, and Magnolia fields.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/

You can check out the master plan for a couple of the campuses. I like the PDF that outlines the various art displays that are/will be around campus.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf and master plan dont seem to go together

• Content Count:  1,768

This reply may need to be moved to the OCS thread (but that thread seems to have strictly gone down the gutter arguing whether we need one or not). 

In all of the past OCS discussions, almost always it was brought up for areas located around the old football practice fields in the NE corner of campus.  The one thing I've always wondered is why it wouldn't make more sense in the SW corner, in the empty land at Fowler and BBD.  There seems to be enough space there looking at the aerial map.  And logistically speaking, theres room there by the Fowler intramural fields for another Beard-like parking garage, not to mention the possibilities of working out an agreement with University mall to use part of their parking lot for tailgating/parking.  That would easily be within walking distance, and would be a huge boom to business for the Sweatbay shopping plaza there on Fowler.  I imagine, much easier for Bars to open up as well to cater to the football fans. Plus, it would be a great visual for anyone approaching USF from Fowler.  The NE corner seems so isolated from the businesses in the area, it just doesnt seem to make sense to me.  Maybe I'm missing something?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This reply may need to be moved to the OCS thread (but that thread seems to have strictly gone down the gutter arguing whether we need one or not). 

In all of the past OCS discussions, almost always it was brought up for areas located around the old football practice fields in the NE corner of campus.  The one thing I've always wondered is why it wouldn't make more sense in the SW corner, in the empty land at Fowler and BBD.  There seems to be enough space there looking at the aerial map.  And logistically speaking, theres room there by the Fowler intramural fields for another Beard-like parking garage, not to mention the possibilities of working out an agreement with University mall to use part of their parking lot for tailgating/parking.  That would easily be within walking distance, and would be a huge boom to business for the Sweatbay shopping plaza there on Fowler.  I imagine, much easier for Bars to open up as well to cater to the football fans. Plus, it would be a great visual for anyone approaching USF from Fowler.  The NE corner seems so isolated from the businesses in the area, it just doesnt seem to make sense to me.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Also for parking MOSI has that giant field where they set up the medieval fair.  There's already one walk way built over the Fowler by the elementary school, another could be built on the other end of campus to support parking at MOSI, which would love the parking revenue, and walking to the campus.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

The only thing I think your missing is that if the stadium was built there, it wouldn't be in the "athletic district," which I don't think is a big deal.  I like the idea.  I think there is a botannical garden there now that would have to be steamrolled.  Some of the tree-huggers wouldn't like that idea.

• Content Count:  3,097

If I've understood thing's correctly, any land north of Fowler, west of Leroy Collins, and south of Alumni is technically not a part of USF's campus.  No-go for a stadium there.

sorry - i just wanna know what that field outline is to the west of the lacrosse field.  is that an ultimate Frisbee field?  rugby?  what is it?

don't hi-jack meh thread!  ;)

Archived