• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If we lose our BCS tag

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

why? where will he go? if it's to a bigger program with more money to offer than it wouldn't matter if we were in the BCS.

he gets paid $1.7M here. very low to no expectations. plenty of top tier non-bcs coaches have stayed put with much bigger offers.boise state's coach. tcu's coach.

not saying he would stay but the lack of BCS AQ status wouldn't be the decider.

ummmm, ND?  or any other BCS school for that matter.

no offense but he would leave for ND even if we were in a BCS conference. odds are he would leave for any program that improves his quality of life substantially. that would happen whether or not we were in a BCS conference.

true, but i'm just thinking that any chance of him becoming his father at a different school (ie here) really diminishes without a good conference.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

why? where will he go? if it's to a bigger program with more money to offer than it wouldn't matter if we were in the BCS.

he gets paid $1.7M here. very low to no expectations. plenty of top tier non-bcs coaches have stayed put with much bigger offers.boise state's coach. tcu's coach.

not saying he would stay but the lack of BCS AQ status wouldn't be the decider.

ummmm, ND?  or any other BCS school for that matter.

no offense but he would leave for ND even if we were in a BCS conference. odds are he would leave for any program that improves his quality of life substantially. that would happen whether or not we were in a BCS conference.

Absolutely.  Couldn't blame him if he did....wouldn't you?

no I wouldn't blame him at all.

fact is BCS AQ status is not what keeps him here over ND or any other program.

he is the 33rd highest paid coach and his family lives nearby. he makes close to $2M per year.

he isn't leaving to coach at some mediocre ACC program for less money just because they have AQ status. he is smarter than that.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

big east isnt losing bcs bid

• Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

Skip has a little ways to go in my book. He needs to make the most of the opportunity while he still has it and losing to Pitt was not a good step in that direction.

For the record I'm still a fan of the Skip.

REal in BJ yet Again!

Stick to the Run!

Bench #55!

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Skip has a little ways to go in my book. He needs to make the most of the opportunity while he still has it and losing to Pitt was not a good step in that direction.

For the record I'm still a fan of the Skip.

What he said.  No one should worry about Holtz going anywhere, at least not in this point in time, specially after that asskicking we got last week. 

Reel in BJ yet Again!

Stick to the Run!

Bench #55!

Professa, I edited your post for clarity ... but you're wrong on your first point here ... again, BJ is not the problem, just an easy scapegoat after the loss we just had. 

Archived