• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Placing more stock in the words of two parents at the USF-Pitt game...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

While going through the security line on our way out of Pitt, two USF parents of a certain starter had a brief conversation with both me and Mattie Gunz (he's from the board). They indicated that the flu was making the rounds through the players on Tuesday and Wednesday. In the second half Thursday, we were completely gassed. Watching RU and Pitt right now, there is no way Pitt is 27 points better than us. Whether we played the worst ball of our lives that night or our team was recovering from a team illness, I'm seeing UC as the only team that will prevent us from running the table until we play WVU. Just my take...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I've always been amazed how that doesn't happen more often.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

While going through the security line on our way out of Pitt, two USF parents of a certain starter had a brief conversation with both me and Mattie Gunz (he's from the board). They indicated that the flu was making the rounds through the players on Tuesday and Wednesday. In the second half Thursday, we were completely gassed. Watching RU and Pitt right now, there is no way Pitt is 27 points better than us. Whether we played the worst ball of our lives that night or our team was recovering from a team illness, I'm seeing UC as the only team that will prevent us from running the table until we play WVU. Just my take...

Next week will be telling, that much is for sure.  I can tell you though, that the defense against Pitt looked just like the defense against UTEP, soft and out of position.  I believe we have the personnel, what I'm concerned about is Snyder's coaching.  He seems to be the more dominant personality (CSH calling off his critique of the defense against UTEP), which won't bode well for our BE season if he can't get the right defenses against our BE foes.  I'm very concerned!!

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Very possible, our defense was looking gassed in the first half....we will find out soon vs Uconn.

• Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

I'm just ready for the boys to get back on the field and show some redemption from that nightmare of a football game.  I know we are better than the way we played against Pitt.  I hate these idle weekends watching everyone else in the (what is left of) the Big East play.

• Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I checked this out with Jeremiah Warren's girlfriend.

Apparently some of them were sick, but a lot of people were also overconfident about the game.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I didn't bring it up initially because honestly, we got manhandled and it would just look like sour grapes on my part. Now though, I wonder if it played some role in the outcome. The parents also said that their son came out of the locker room and said they got their assses whipped by Pitt... which was quite obvious to anyone that cares about college football.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Next week will be telling, that much is for sure.  I can tell you though, that the defense against Pitt looked just like the defense against UTEP, soft and out of position.  I believe we have the personnel, what I'm concerned about is Snyder's coaching.  He seems to be the more dominant personality (CSH calling off his critique of the defense against UTEP), which won't bode well for our BE season if he can't get the right defenses against our BE foes.  I'm very concerned!!

I agree.  Our defense played poorly against UTEP.  Perhaps this flu played out for two weeks, giving the defense the benefit of the doubt.  Lets hope we do not have any excuses against UConn.  

I could not disagree more with the poster whose comment about Coach Snyder had to be bleeped.  I agree that the play calling was weak across the field against Pitt, but Snyder is a very talented defensive mind as proven throughout last year when all we had was defense.  We were ranked one of the top 20 defenses in the country last year for a reason.  I am confident that our coaching staff will step up to the plate against UConn.  A decisive win against UConn may just prove these parents correct.  Lets hope so for our sake.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

If this is true, then I have that much more respect for our staff.  No Excuses like "Oh, so-and-so is sick, so he wasn't ready for the game, that's why we sucked." 

Archived