• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

breach of contract

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

From a lawyers point of view, it seems that Pitt and Syracuse are bound to the terms of the agreement stating that they have to give notice and then wait out the allotted time period as well as have the 5 million paid (by the destination league?). If the terms are not met, the league could potentially see a decent sum coming from damages due to  breach. TCU, I am sure gave some kind of contractual agreement to join us next year (either verbally or in writing). Perhaps the BE will have an action against them based on reliance etc.

Granted, the issue will more than likely not be settled until further down the road, assuming Pitt and Syracuse both breach the contract, but could this amount of money purchase a buyout for an ACC team assuming that they want to come?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

From a lawyers point of view, it seems that Pitt and Syracuse are bound to the terms of the agreement stating that they have to give notice and then wait out the allotted time period as well as have the 5 million paid (by the destination league?). If the terms are not met, the league could potentially see a decent sum coming from damages due to  breach. TCU, I am sure gave some kind of contractual agreement to join us next year (either verbally or in writing). Perhaps the BE will have an action against them based on reliance etc.

Granted, the issue will more than likely not be settled until further down the road, assuming Pitt and Syracuse both breach the contract, but could this amount of money purchase a buyout for an ACC team assuming that they want to come?

I read that TCU will owe the $5mil but won't be obligated to wait the 27 months ... whether that's accurate or not, who knows.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I read that TCU will owe the $5mil but won't be obligated to wait the 27 months ... whether that's accurate or not, who knows.

Might as well line the pockets of a few people before the conference implodes.

• Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Who gets the money upon conference implosion....is it divided equally amongst all members? I am assuming ND is included.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Listen to the podcast,

Thanks, but I'll pass ... The last thing I want to hear right now is that whiny, little voice.  8-)

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I read the same thing for what it is worth.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Who gets the money upon conference implosion....is it divided equally amongst all members? I am assuming ND is included.

I was thinking the same thing...was wondering if it all goes to an industrial tube of asstro-glide and card with a kitten knocking over a glass of milk saying "my bad". 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I read something of McMurphy's yesterday and he had several things that completely contradict just about every other writer.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

TCU has a good position to counter sue in that the BE they joined is not the BE of today.  With Pitt and Cuse gone, and UCONN and WVU shopping, they can claim they were misled.  Also sue due to lack of BE leadership.  I think they won't pay a penny.....

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I've actually been thinking, that if worse-case scenario occurs and we are no longer included with an eligible BCS conference,do we have any legal ramifications that could band together those left out, to try and get back in?

Archived