• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The future of this d

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

I think most on here are willing to call a spade a spade and realize by now that this defense is below average and definitely not the best in the big least.  The proof is there.  The real issue though is how awful it could be next year and how long it might take to become good again.  On the d-line the only bright spot is Elkino.  Our linebackers are obviously all overrated (I laugh when I think how AA rated them as the best in the conf) and we're stuck with them next year.  And lastly our secondary will be dismantled by graduation leaving us with guys like Baker and Tabuteau.  I sure as hell hope our O develops into a powerhouse...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Sam and DeDe (who was playing with a bad ankle) are legit, Lanaris is good against power running teams but should not be on the field against spread offenses. 

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

The only big loss in the secondary next year is Washington. That'll make Webster the #1 CB and ??? the #2. Joyce/Leijiste won't be a noticable dropoff imo.

The LB's aren't overrated. We have 2 LB's who perform at a very high level. Lanaris is a good LB, but not against spread teams. I'm not convinced we have a 3rd LB for spread teams though, Spoon/Cliett/Juene all have problems as well. Next year they'll all be a year matured and should be better.

The D-Line is overrated right now, but Watson will be a year improved. Hopefully Chandler gets his head on straight, and Giddens/Forte have another year.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

After rewatching the game giddens, lanaris, young, and hampton played incredibly soft

• Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Lanaris is big bulky and slow. Guys not a LB he's a nose guard. Spread or no spread a good LB should be fast enough to handle it. He's clearly not. He will hurt this defense beyond belief if he remains.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Not just slow there were a few plays where he just ran beside murray not aggressive thursday at all

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Skip is good at recruiting talent, so I think the holes or duds will eventually be filled or replaced. 

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

my girlfriend is friends with someone on the medical staff for the Bulls, and she said that the entire team for the most part has been really sick. My gf and I are both really sick right now so I believe the thing thats going around. Thats not a very good excuse, but it does somewhat explain why our defense ran out of steam after 3 minutes.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

ELKINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived