• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Todd Fitch does not get a pass for last night

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

First drive of the 2nd half was poor. We should have been running the ball since we had success in the first half with it.

That is two weeks in a row.  Came out against UTEP 2nd half and went 3 and out.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The offense was fine.

How many BE teams do you expect to beat by scoring 17 points?

We should have scored more than that, but Griffin and Scott both fumbled on consecutive possessions, and we were driving the ball on both as well.  The offense didn't play all that badly, other than letting the D in the backfield on just about every snap.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I think we have a lot of offensive talent and smarts this year. I think if we had a better coordinator we'd be phenomenal offensively.

If Fitch would've dialed up some better, less predictable, plays we'd have driven down the field better.

Ex. On 4th-and-2 we were in a shotgun. The entire Pitt stadium knew BJ was going to keep it and run to his left. He did, it got stuffed. I wonder why.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The offense was fine.

How many BE teams do you expect to beat by scoring 17 points?

What was BJ's completion rate?

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

As bad as we lost, I am ok with how BJ played. He has grown so much since last year and only if our defense played the way they should have we may have won and scored even more points.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I knew something was up with our defense after the UTEP game.  I thought our offense was running efficiently up until the Pitt game.  However I did not expect a blow out.  My expectations of our team and season have fallen.  We have time, good or bad after a loss like this one, before our next BE game.  Holtz & Co. will have a challenge lifting spirits after this loss and fixing the many holes on both sides of the ball.  I hope we come out playing with a vengeance against UConn and even it up 1-1 in BE play.  Although I am down after a loss like that, I am not out.  Go Bulls!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

If those of you that are OK with how our O played, you may want to watch a game or 2 Saturday. Our O stunk. BJ started running around with the ball about as far away from his body as possible. The D was horrible. But, down 3 going into halftime. We get the ball, and do nothing. Even if the D had thrown a shut out in the 2nd half, we still lose.

• Content Count:  3,802

If those of you that are OK with how our O played, you may want to watch a game or 2 Saturday. Our O stunk. BJ started running around with the ball about as far away from his body as possible. The D was horrible. But, down 3 going into halftime. We get the ball, and do nothing. Even if the D had thrown a shut out in the 2nd half, we still lose.

Really? If the D throws a shut out we have better field position on offense. We're not forced to throw the ball against a front seven that was gashing our OL. We probably do better.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

Really? If the D throws a shut out we have better field position on offense. We're not forced to throw the ball against a front seven that was gashing our OL. We probably do better.

Down 3 start 2nd half 3 and out. Not even you as an O apologist can pin that on the D. Sorry if you have family on the O, but they sucked as well. The D had NOTHING to do with the 3 and out.

Archived