• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice facility coming soon?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

As stated earlier it is very important due to incremental weather in Florida...lightening in the surrounding area postpones or cancels practices; big for recruiting; and other schools have it in and out of our conference, which also plays into recruiting. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Waste of resources.

JMHO

Why?? Do you realize how much practice time the team loses/has to reschedule due to lightning?

We've only had 1 practice cancelled due to weather this year

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Waste of resources.

JMHO

Why?? Do you realize how much practice time the team loses/has to reschedule due to lightning?

We've only had 1 practice cancelled due to weather this year

Facilities are an arms race.  We need one.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

looks nice...where would they put it?

Here?

MasterPlan.png

...I added the text/box on the image to help those who may not recognize the map location.

where did you get this map from?  Could you post all of it or provide a link to it?   Haven't seen one as updated as that yet... especially with 2 parking garages by the Sun Dome

Is it me or does it look like new building covering part of the Sun Dome parking lot?  My opinion we need a indoor practice facility

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

As stated earlier it is very important due to incremental weather in Florida...lightening in the surrounding area postpones or cancels practices; big for recruiting; and other schools have it in and out of our conference, which also plays into recruiting. 

The other schools in our conference has them because of snow and sub freezing weather ... THAT should be a recruiting tool in OUR favor. Only one other school in the state has one at this time. The other in-state schools without one have 10 MNC's among them ... it's a nice luxury but not "very important".

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

For what it's worth, UCF's is pretty nice.  I snuck a peak into it after the 2008 game at their Frying Pan.  One of the vehicle-sized doors was open and the lights were on.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

The other schools in our conference has them because of snow and sub freezing weather ... THAT should be a recruiting tool in OUR favor. Only one other school in the state has one at this time. The other in-state schools without one have 10 MNC's among them ... it's a nice luxury but not "very important".

More reason to have an indoor practice field.  We can use this as a recruiting advantage over the likes of UF, Miami & FSU (although FSU is in the process of buidling one or has already built one).  Many other football programs have already started funding and/or planning for indoor practice fields.  USF should stay ahead of the field and build one. 

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Here?

MasterPlan.png

...I added the text/box on the image to help those who may not recognize the map location.

where did you get this map from?  Could you post all of it or provide a link to it?   Haven't seen one as updated as that yet... especially with 2 parking garages by the Sun Dome

Is it me or does it look like new building covering part of the Sun Dome parking lot?   My opinion we need a indoor practice facility

Yes... The two parking garages to be built just south of the dome will cover those lost spaces. The parking lot next to LRS will basically just be for the staff that uses LRS dailly... coaches and such.

Also... if you look in the lower right corner just past the softball field you'll see the location for the new tennis complex once the current one is covered by our OCS..... That land at Holly and Maple is already ear marked for an OCS.

• Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Here?

MasterPlan.png

Is it me or does it look like new building covering part of the Sun Dome parking lot?   My opinion we need a indoor practice facility

Yes... The two parking garages to be built just south of the dome will cover those lost spaces. The parking lot next to LRS will basically just be for the staff that uses LRS dailly... coaches and such.

Also... if you look in the lower right corner just past the softball field you'll see the location for the new tennis complex once the current one is covered by our OCS..... That land at Holly and Maple is already ear marked for an OCS.

So, the pink rectangules south of the Dome are parking garages ... are the white areas, with the trees, ground parking?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Here are some of the indoor facilities our peers have...  I like the interior of the UConn one... both the Rutgers and Cincy ones inflate I believe

After Dallas, I wouldn't want a fabric one

Archived