• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J. Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Also, a 9 to 1 TD:INT rate is just a BS stat when you just played Ball State, FAMU, and UTEP.  If we played five conference games right now, BJ wouldnt be looking so hot.

You cannot assume that. He has had no INT's against ND or Pitt and only a few came close in both games combined.

If "closeness" mattered then the defense was "close" to recovering 4 TO's against Pitt. We only got one of em.

Throw out those three junk games and he is 36/66 with 1 passing TD and 0 INTs.

See my reply to the other thread. K, thx.

BTW - I didn't realize rushing TD's didn't count for 6 points as well?

Well, lets see.... YOU were the one who used the 9:1 TD to interception ratio. I just assumed you were giving me his PASSING STATS and that they were CORRECT. After further review BJ has 8 passing TDs and 1 Int with 3 rushing TDs.

So, did you only count SOME of his TDs?

Also, we are talking about BJ being a good QB. I think BJ is a great athlete and would make a great running back/tailback or tight end.  I just dont see him as a great qb.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Also, a 9 to 1 TD:INT rate is just a BS stat when you just played Ball State, FAMU, and UTEP.  If we played five conference games right now, BJ wouldnt be looking so hot.

You cannot assume that. He has had no INT's against ND or Pitt and only a few came close in both games combined.

If "closeness" mattered then the defense was "close" to recovering 4 TO's against Pitt. We only got one of em.

Throw out those three junk games and he is 36/66 with 1 passing TD and 0 INTs.

See my reply to the other thread. K, thx.

BTW - I didn't realize rushing TD's didn't count for 6 points as well?

Well, lets see.... YOU were the one who used the 9:1 TD to interception ratio. I just assumed you were giving me his PASSING STATS and that they were CORRECT. After further review BJ has 8 passing TDs and 1 Int with 3 rushing TDs.

So, did you only count SOME of his TDs?

Also, we are talking about BJ being a good QB. I think BJ is a great athlete and would make a great running back/tailback or tight end.  I just dont see him as a great qb.

A 5'11 tight end?  ???

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Oh and it's funny how noone ever mentions how bad MG played vs BE teams and how he racked up lots of stats vs. tomato cans. 

LOL ... Why should anyone mention that NOW? Like snarling said, he's been gone 2 years and I don't believe was mentioned on this thread ... until someone with a super crush on MG brought him up.

Why?  Thats simple:  anyone who ever tries to defend BJ Daniels on this board ABSOLUTELY needs to know that the same arguments that are currently being used AGAINST BJ were being used to SUPPORT MG 3 years ago. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Oh and it's funny how noone ever mentions how bad MG played vs BE teams and how he racked up lots of stats vs. tomato cans. 

LOL ... Why should anyone mention that NOW? Like snarling said, he's been gone 2 years and I don't believe was mentioned on this thread ... until someone with a super crush on MG brought him up.

Why?  Thats simple:  anyone who ever tries to defend BJ Daniels on this board ABSOLUTELY needs to know that the same arguments that are currently being used AGAINST BJ were being used to SUPPORT MG 3 years ago. 

What you can't get through your thick, obsessed skull is that there were people on BOTH sides of the Grothe fence back then just like there are people on BOTH sides of the Daniels fence NOW. It's what happens on message boards ... The fact that you can't let Grothe go, bringing him up in this thread for absolutely no reason other than obsessiveness, is just as disturbing as your choice of avatars.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

People are really overblowing Daniels being bad last night.

He didn't hit many guys in stride last night, fine.Half the offense was easily QB/RB run or bubble screens. The rest were routes where the OL was not protecting BJ.

I've been as critical as anyone of BJ before this season. The fact that he has a 9:1 TD:INT ratio and we're mad is saying a lot imo. We have higher expectations from him.

Let's get some ******* diversity on play calling Fitch, and bench #80 for God sakes. WTF?

Nor did he hit many receivers in stride at Ball State, FAMU, and UTEP. 

Look, you give someone all day in the pocket and a receiver that is open by 15 yards and he is gonna complete some passes. BJ didnt impress me against the last three scrub teams we played, not just last night. 

Lets see how it pans out.

BJ didn't play bad at Pitt. He played with his head on straight.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bj didnt make any plays against pitt either

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

What you can't get through your thick, obsessed skull is that there were people on BOTH sides of the Grothe fence back then just like there are people on BOTH sides of the Daniels fence NOW. It's what happens on message boards ... The fact that you can't let Grothe go, bringing him up in this thread for absolutely no reason other than obsessiveness, is just as disturbing as your choice of avatars.

If you think that BJ has half the amount of support as your Diddy MG then you are clearly not paying attention....Which is hard to imagine since you have over 23000 posts on this message board - that's twenty three thousand - ...POSTS!!...but yes I'm the one that's obsessed.  ::)

Just consider yourself lucky that I don't bring the thunder on you once again.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Shockingly I am on the side of the fence that both of them were not and are not going to win us anything meaningful.

Both have been awful in conference play and closing seasons. 

Matt Grothe can be known as the man who gave USF it's most popular identity (spoken about during pre game on our national televised programs)  Win a few games and get a bunch of hype, then blowing it badly while closing out a season.  BJ and the D is going to reinforce it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

If you think that BJ has half the amount of support as your Diddy MG then you are clearly not paying attention....

If you took the time to read the posts on here, Mr Clearly Not paying Attention, the vast majority of the ones weighing in on this matter, at this time, are in BJ's corner. You're trying to create controversy where there really isn't any ... Mookie would be embarased. You need to change your avatar to a drama queen. I'm sure the Mets have had some over the years .... Herm?

Which is hard to imagine since you have over 23000 posts on this message board - that's twenty three thousand - ...POSTS!!...but yes I'm the one that's obsessed.  ::)

At least my 10's of thousands aren't about one subject ...  8-)

Just consider yourself lucky that I don't bring the thunder on you once again.

I appreciate that ...

• 11 months later...

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry but I like BJ I dont love him as a QB. Look for Pitt to play us five yards off the ball on the line and play our receivers tight to the short game. They will stack the box for the run and short pass game. BJ CANNOT throw the ball with any accuracy 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. When he drops back 8 yards he has about 20-21 yards of ball control veritcally (consider the ball travels further heading out to the sideline).

I have seen 1-2 balls thrown long and accurate to a receiver in stride over the last 4 games. And three of those games were against sub-level competition. If Pitt tightens up in the box and makes BJ beat them with the long ball, we better be able to run the ball over them.

BJ's long balls are mostly spot passes, that one interception where the receiver broke off the route looked more like a punt than a pass.

I hope I a proven wrong....

de ja vu from one year ago today.

Only we have gotten a little better at tossing up the long ball.....