• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something that we haven't seen much of

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

For all of USF's successes so far this season, we've not always been spectacular on offense in the second half this season.

Granted, to this point we've had leads of 16, 30, 49, and 17 at half time, so it hasn't mattered as much, but what do we do if the game stays close?

I'm concerned that our conditioning could be a liability against Pitt if we don't jump out to a big lead early.

How do we deal with this?

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

For all of USF's successes so far this season, we've not always been spectacular on offense in the second half this season.

Granted, to this point we've had leads of 16, 30, 49, and 17 at half time, so it hasn't mattered as much, but what do we do if the game stays close?

I'm concerned that our conditioning could be a liability against Pitt if we don't jump out to a big lead early.

What have you seen that makes you think our conditioning is subpar?

Lets not create phantom problems and get worried about what ifs.

As you pointed out, we had comfortable leads in all 4 games and were running out the clock/building depth with the 2s and 3s.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Really?

• Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

As you pointed out, we had comfortable leads in all 4 games and were running out the clock/building depth with the 2s and 3s.

Hardly.

Our 2s and 3s struggled against Ball State and FAMU and we kept the starters in for pretty much the entire game against UTEP.

Eveld and the offensive backups did nothing to make me feel confident about them in either game.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Hardly.

Our 2s and 3s struggled against Ball State and FAMU and we kept the starters in for pretty much the entire game against UTEP.

Eveld and the offensive backups did nothing to make me feel confident about them in either game.

So our 2s and 3s have you worried about our 1s performance?

And this would fall more into play execution and focus rather than conditioning.

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Our offense is the least of our concerns.  The 1's have been completely unstoppable for 3 straight weeks.  Yes, when we bring in our entire 2nd and 3rd units at once, they are not as good as our starters.  Great observation.   ::)

• Content Count:  9,685
  • Days Won:  8

They were able to pull together a TD drive in the second half against ND when we needed it. I'm not too worried. With our large half time leads we've been giving the 2's and 3's more reps, and we can't expect them to put up the same numbers as our 1's.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

FFS look at the stats.  most of our lethargic plays have come while we try to build depth with our 2's and 3's getting action.  which, by the way, happen to come when we're up by 21+.

Archived