• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Sentenal Calls for intervention UCF to Big East

Gismo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

There are reasons why ECU and UH aren't on the table. They don't bring in what UCF brings, whatever that has been proven or alleged to be in the meetings. Its a financial decision and if those schools brought in more than UCF this would be over and done with already, but it appears they don't. You have various media reports out of NJ and such all saying that USF is trying to keep UCF out, you now even have UCF people coming out in the press saying they are hearing that from those they know there. I don't think I blame Judy for trying but if they bring in the most revenue time to just give it up and do whats best, BE is not in a power position in any way.

You get left out in this re-alignment and you may end up permanently out. Although how BE fits into the future superconferences remains to be seen. I don't blame UCF for doing anything and everything it can to get in, if the roles were reversed this board would be begging for inclusion. It is how it is.

If the situation was reversed, UCF would be trying to keep USF out of the Big East.

Thankfully, we are in and they are out.  :D

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

dont even try me dude ive traveled to over 20 usf games, ive been here from the get go....what i want is fans who arent afraid of their own shadow, or a school 45 minutes away stealing recruits

Just to clarify your position, you don't think UCF would win more recruiting battles if they had a BCS bid?

yes and i think a big rivalry could bring in more recruits for both of us

bring in more recruits?  the recruits are all in florida!  you want to give a school 45 minutes away an aq spot.  if you don't realize how much that would hurt our program, god help you.  

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

dont even try me dude ive traveled to over 20 usf games, ive been here from the get go....what i want is fans who arent afraid of their own shadow, or a school 45 minutes away stealing recruits

Just to clarify your position, you don't think UCF would win more recruiting battles if they had a BCS bid?

I think you are wrong.  I don't see how you can think that a BCS bid doesn't help recruiting - this is pretty much the one thing that separates us from UCF.

As far as a nationwide rivalry, that just isn't happening.  We aren't UF and UCF isn't FSU.  Most people outside Florida can't tell the two teams apart.

I believe we need to separate ourselves as much as possible from UCF, as that association does us no good.

• Content Count:  120

I think you are wrong.  I don't see how you can think that a BCS bid doesn't help recruiting - this is pretty much the one thing that separates us from UCF.

As far as a nationwide rivalry, that just isn't happening.  We aren't UF and UCF isn't FSU.  Most people outside Florida can't tell the two teams apart.

I believe we need to separate ourselves as much as possible from UCF, as that association does us no good.

+1 +1 +1 +1

• Content Count:  5,241

Bianichi is writing slanderous and sensational articles just trying to be the next journalist ESPN picks up for tv programming.

Is realignment in the Big East about where the school is located? ($$$) or is it about getting quality opponents? If it is about $$$ ucf is in whether we like it or not

• Content Count:  231

There are reasons why ECU and UH aren't on the table. They don't bring in what UCF brings, whatever that has been proven or alleged to be in the meetings. Its a financial decision and if those schools brought in more than UCF this would be over and done with already, but it appears they don't. You have various media reports out of NJ and such all saying that USF is trying to keep UCF out, you now even have UCF people coming out in the press saying they are hearing that from those they know there. I don't think I blame Judy for trying but if they bring in the most revenue time to just give it up and do whats best, BE is not in a power position in any way.

You get left out in this re-alignment and you may end up permanently out. Although how BE fits into the future superconferences remains to be seen. I don't blame UCF for doing anything and everything it can to get in, if the roles were reversed this board would be begging for inclusion. It is how it is.

If the situation was reversed, UCF would be trying to keep USF out of the Big East.

Thankfully, we are in and they are out.  :D

I mean come on who can argue that? UCF is garbage always has been always will be. As an FYI rivals...real rivals can not stand each other. They believe football genocide should be committed on the opposing team. No way do they ever ever say they need each other. The morons who say rival and USF/UCF in the same breath are the idiots that actually lead UCF to believe they're our rival. We're light years ahead of that team. They do not belong in our state let alone the BE.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

As I mentioned earlier on the realignment thread, right now we are the ONLY Forida BCS school available to BCS conferences that don't currently have a Forida school. That is our only ace in the hole.

When we were selected for membership in the Big East, they were looking for a Florida school. They had two choices, USF and UCF, to pick from. Thankfully, they chose USF.

There will only be a very few slots left open in the BCS conferences, in the future.

It would make absolutely no sense for USF to now want UCF in the Big East, when a few years later, USF will once again be competing directly with UCF for one of those last remaining bcs slots.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

mb;dr

Way to carry the banner.

No worries. Memes don't spread if they don't get used.

And if Bianchi isn't the right place to use it, wtf else is??!

Word.

you think if ucf got into a bcs conference they wouldnt get stronger....get over yourselves guys, survival is key here, a heated rivalry, two teams that could dominate this hodgepodge we are left in with the winner beating up the big boys in a bowl .....they couldnt keep us out forever

Why in the hell would you want to share dominating that hodgepodge?? ... Makes no ******* sense.

yes i am serious this crap has opened my eyes as to how fortunate usf was to get the call to the BE and how perilous our position is now

If you are just now figuring out that we were very fortunate to get the call to the BE that would explain your present wacked out stance on UCF ...

Archived