• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Sentenal Calls for intervention UCF to Big East

Gismo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

you think if ucf got into a bcs conference they wouldnt get stronger....get over yourselves guys, survival is key here, a heated rivalry, two teams that could dominate this hodgepodge we are left in with the winner beating up the big boys in a bowl .....they couldnt keep us out forever

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think UCF in the big east would really change our ability to put a solid team on the field each year.

There are enough kids from the state to go around.  We just need to stop losing them to Louisville, North Carolina, Rutgers, Pitt, ND, and other schools that recruit well in Florida.

Not to mention that Miami might be having some trouble recruiting in the near future.

Is there any chance Miami gets their arses kicked out of the ACC?

• Content Count:  259

Without the backyard brawl the BE lacks any real rivalry they can market. 100k plus students between 2 large and growing schools both in enrollment, academic standing, and athletic standing that will sell a ton of tickets is very marketable in a league dying for anything like that. The reports leaking that USF is leading the charge against UCF while they are acceptable at least by some of the schools is not going to play well in Florida.

USF isn't even remotely a candidate anywhere else and if you can't see the difference between USF not being considered for the BE and USF leadership pushing UCF off the table in the BE then I'm ashamed of the people we have coming out of USF now.

its not about our ability to put out a quality team....it is about a heated nationally televised battle between two conference leaders.......who is our rival now? trust me i have and still do hate ucf more than everyone, but this bs has brought me back to reality.......no one wants us.....we need ucf

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This whole argument is only valid if UCF is obviously the best addition to the conference and they are not.......

its not about our ability to put out a quality team....it is about a heated nationally televised battle between two conference leaders.......who is our rival now? trust me i have and still do hate ucf more than everyone, but this bs has brought me back to reality.......no one wants us.....we need ucf

We need UCF...are you serious?

no but they have the potential to be the best addition just like we had the potential to be the best addition.......and if we are really the ones holding it up because of "fear" of a rival then we to reconsider

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

:puke

yes i am serious this crap has opened my eyes as to how fortunate usf was to get the call to the BE and how perilous our position is now

no but they have the potential to be the best addition just like we had the potential to be the best addition.......and if we are really the ones holding it up because of "fear" of a rival then we to reconsider

If FSU, Miami and UF can do it...why the hell not us? UCF can easily be replaced by Houston, Notre Dame, Air Force, Navy. Screw the rivalry...we've got Buttfugers still.

Archived