• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New commit Eric Lee

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Good thing NFL recruiters don't look twice at how many stars you earned in high school.  He's got the size, thumbs up Skip.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Daphne's Eric Lee commits to USF

doc4e84a25e686ce795789473.jpg

Daphne senior defensive lineman Eric Lee sits in front of the 2010 Class 6A state championship trophy on Thursday at Daphne High School. Lee committed to play football at the University of South Florida on Wednesday. Photo by Tony Whitehead.

By Tony Whitehead

twhitehead@gulfcoastnewspapers.com

Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:05 PM CDT

DAPHNE, Ala. — Daphne's Eric Lee announced Wednesday that he has chosen to play defensive end for the University of South Florida Bulls. Lee had wittled down offers from more than 10 Division I schools,including Arkansas, Kansas, Kent State, Kentucky and Minnesota, before deciding to rush with the Bulls citing acadmics, style of play, and coaching staff.

Daphne senior defensive lineman Eric Lee sits in front of the 2010 Class 6A state championship trophy on Thursday at Daphne High School. Lee committed to play football at the University of South Florida on Wednesday. Photo by Tony Whitehead.

“It’s just my kind of place,†he said. “And they want me to be ready to go at end right away when I get there. They play a real fast, exciting kind of football and I really like all the coaches and the campus. I didn’t want to go too far and it’s about seven hours away, but that will work and I like the business managenment information system program they have. That’s what I want to go into.â€

He said most recruiters expressed interest in utilizing and further developing his quickness off the ball. At South Florida he added they want to try him at their stuff and fill DE as well as and the quick-rushing type on the opposite side.

“I think I can play both, but I think I'm more interested in the rushing type, but we’ll see. Whatever they need me to do, I’m there.â€

Daphne head coach and athletic director Glenn Vickery said Lee's character, work ethic and attitude were even more impressive than his athletic skills on the field.

“Eric is just an outstanding young man on so many levels,â€ he said. “When you just watch him play, you see a very good football player with the size and ability to play at the next level. But when you get to know him and work with him like we do, you know what a good person he is, too, and how deserving he is of the opportunity. We’re proud of him. Daphne is proud of him and he’ll make South Florida proud, too.â€

At 6-foot-4, 235-pounds, Lee had 11 tackles at Theodore last week in the Trojans 41-20 win over the Bobcats.

http://www.baldwincountynow.com/articles/2011/09/29/sports/doc4e84a25e686ce795789473.txt

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

He has a good shot at playing right away.  We can certainly use him.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Our defensive ends have been playing really soft lately; kid's got a shot at making some noise early on in his USF career if our d-line keeps playing charmin soft.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

He was just on the morning radio here in Mobile, 105.5 as they are previewing the nationally televised game tonight between Foley and Daphne.  They asked him about his college plans and he did a great job getting our name out there.  Talked about academics, him wanting to pursue an MIS degree, graduating early so he can early enroll to get started etc.  EVERYONE here listens to that station so that was some great free pub...

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds good Ruger. Did he talk about his visit to Illinois this weekend? Hopefully he's just trying to see some sights like Bivins.

Normal

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Rivals comments about his game tonite.

Getting a good look at #USF DE commit Eric Lee of Daphne. Tall/lean but too upright at times. Also needs to get stronger. Good potential tho

Archived