• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bush-league move by ND/Officials last night

DERBY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

I watched the post-game interviews last night after the game.  One of the things Holtz mentioned was that at the end of the 1st rain delay they didn't get their 10 minute warning that they were supposed to get.  He said that all the played were laid out on the floor, pads off, most of them not even wearing shoes.  The way they found out that the game was about to start back up was that that someone told them the ND players were already out on the field doing their warmups.

Holtz mentioned it casually and didn't make a big deal of it, but that kind of pisses me off.  Nothing like playing in a huge game to start the season and having to scramble to dress out and get on the field at the last minute.

I haven't seen anyone talk about this anywhere else so I thought it was worth a mention.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  728

Typical ND scramble to try and save their program. Face it, ND is a dead football program who will never EVER win a national championship again. I wonder how many more times ND has to get embarrassed on national television for NBC to not renew their contract.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Could be a reason why ND was so ready out of the gate and really hite us in the mouth early in the quarter.  They looked much better, out side of the Lanaris INT, until we were able to get that drive going late in the third.

• Content Count:  151

I watched the last few minutes of the game on the NBC Sports website.  The pressers were held about 15 minutes after the game with Kelly speaking first, followed by Holtz. 

Maybe they're tagged on to the end of the replay of the game that's available on the NBC sports website?

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Our AD should be all over that then... I was defending ND hard in their decision to delay the game.  Heck, some even suggested it might be an NCAA rule - which is possible, but hard to believe considering A) our beat writers made mention of ND making the decision and B) ND has never had a football game postponed do to weather.

Either way, in a delay like that USF and ND should have been given a mutually agreed upon amount of time to get warmed back up.  It isn't just bush league -- it is incredibly dangerous!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I am not surprised.  ND had every advantage with the rain delay and we still pulled it out.  Good job for us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

I remember hearing our radio guys say something about ND was coming out to get some extra warmup. I think we still got our ten minutes-- they got about 5 extra minutes.

let's just chalk it up to home field advantage-- the prep work during the break was far more significant than who got to warm up more. All the video I saw had our guys just hanging out around the locker entrance-- probably because it was hot as hell in the locker room compared to outside. ALSO-- the temp dropped about 20 degrees  after all the rain-- so we might have not been used to that either-- lots of reasons why they came out with a little more steam than USF.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

At the game I was curious why Notre Dame was on both sides of the field.

where's the vid, this is interesting.

this too

• Content Count:  4,642

i wondered why ND came out so much earlier.  by the time USF was on the field, we only had about half the time to warm up.  the second time the delay happened, we were first.  i knew holtz wouldn't let that momentum build up again.

Archived