• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bush-league move by ND/Officials last night

DERBY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Notre Shame, NBC, and the NCAA played very dirty last night... I believe that if ND was up by 1 point they would had ended the game, BUT since it was the other way around they kept doing everything to aid the Irish.

Also IF I hear one more dumb-ass on ESPN say how ND beat themselves I'm going to shoot my TV

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I've never seen a team dominated more in one half be up 16-0.

We made big plays on D, but ND was getting yards in chunks all game.

Young was a game saver with a little help from Kayvon. If he didn't make it into the end zone I don't know if we score a td.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

ND is the kid with an IQ of 97 who's rich Dad donates a building and now the kid gets straight A's.

• Content Count:  11

its good to see all you bulls fans taking your win with class ::)

some of these comments remind me of the whining UNC fans back in 08.

• Content Count:  728

Why are you still here?

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Notre Shame, NBC, and the NCAA played very dirty last night... I believe that if ND was up by 1 point they would had ended the game, BUT since it was the other way around they kept doing everything to aid the Irish.

Also IF I hear one more dumb-*** on ESPN say how ND beat themselves I'm going to shoot my TV

There are 4 possible scenarios by NCAA rules: resume the game on a different date, declare the game complete at an agreed upon score, forfeit the game, or declare the game a no-contest.  The ADs from each program have to mutually agree on one of those 4 outcomes - NCAA has no involvement.  And I am very glad the game wasn't called, those last 4 minutes needed to be played.  Heck, after the interception I thought the game was over, but our O and D went out an laid an egg to make it a close finish.

If USF was not properly notified of the clearance to return to field then someone (officials?, ND?) should be investigated by NCAA.  IF we did get adequate warm-up time then it is probably just bush-league kind of foolishness that a school like ND likes to pull.  If it limited our warm-up time then it is much more serious.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

You should try losing with some class!  Coming here saying "you hope we continue to do well against lesser opponents?"  ND isn't even in the top 3 of our toughest opponents in this season, much less in our history.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Also IF I hear one more dumb-*** on ESPN say how ND beat themselves I'm going to shoot my TV

There are 4 possible scenarios by NCAA rules: resume the game on a different date, declare the game complete at an agreed upon score, forfeit the game, or declare the game a no-contest.  The ADs from each program have to mutually agree on one of those 4 outcomes - NCAA has no involvement.  And I am very glad the game wasn't called, those last 4 minutes needed to be played.  Heck, after the interception I thought the game was over, but our O and D went out an laid an egg to make it a close finish.

If USF was not properly notified of the clearance to return to field then someone (officials?, ND?) should be investigated by NCAA.  IF we did get adequate warm-up time then it is probably just bush-league kind of foolishness that a school like ND likes to pull.  If it limited our warm-up time then it is much more serious.

I stand corrected, the NCAA I guess did not have a dog in this hunt, BUT to end the game because of rain is B.S... to evacuate the stadium because of rain is even worse... those choices most likely came down from Notre Dame since they were hosting the game and had discretion to make the call. Sure if its lightning real bad, just suspend the game for a few minutes until the bolts stop coming down, but to suspend the game and to evacuate until it completely stops raining is B.S in my opinion... if they did this down here the Buc's, Fins, Jags, UF, FSU, Miami, FAU, and FIU, not to mention all of the SEC teams would never get to finish a game during September.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I watched the last few minutes of the game on the NBC Sports website.  The pressers were held about 15 minutes after the game with Kelly speaking first, followed by Holtz. 

Maybe they're tagged on to the end of the replay of the game that's available on the NBC sports website?

They are. And Skip did say that. ND Home Cookin'!!

http://hqplayer.nbcsports.com/Player.html?PID=18&vid=2552

Skip's presser is also available here:

http://www.bullsmultimedia.com/

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I stand corrected, the NCAA I guess did not have a dog in this hunt, BUT to end the game because of rain is B.S... to evacuate the stadium because of rain is even worse... those choices most likely came down from Notre Dame since they were hosting the game and had discretion to make the call. Sure if its lightning real bad, just suspend the game for a few minutes until the bolts stop coming down, but to suspend the game and to evacuate until it completely stops raining is B.S in my opinion... if they did this down here the Buc's, Fins, Jags, UF, FSU, Miami, FAU, and FIU, not to mention all of the SEC teams would never get to finish a game during September.

NCAA Rule.

Lightning strike within 8 miles creates 30 minute delay. Every new strike resets the delay clock.

Archived