• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls to Orange Bowl?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Jan. 7 BBVA Compass: Louisville (Big East) vs. Arkansas State (SEC No. 9*)

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/08/29/preseason-bowl-projections/index.html#ixzz1WXMcjSdZ

So, with Texas A&M the SEC is at 14 teams!

First, IF AM goes to the SEC, it wont be this year.  So the bowl scenarios won't change until 2012.

Second, how the hell have I never even heard of Arkansas State.  I thought I was pretty up to date on even the lower tier 1A teams.  I giggled and thought it was a typo and they accidently penciled in a 1AA team.  Then it turns out Arkansas State has been in he Sunbelt since 1991.  Where have I been???

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

i agree. if we end up in the BCS then anything besides the orange bowl isn't very good in terms of traveling and such.

Indeed.  I think we would easily sell the allotment.  I went to the UM game and would gladly attend a BCS game regardless of rank.  Can't imagine we wouldn't fill our allotment and then some for those that scalp tickets.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/08/29/preseason-bowl-projections/index.html#ixzz1WXMcjSdZ

First, IF AM goes to the SEC, it wont be this year.  So the bowl scenarios won't change until 2012.

Second, how the hell have I never even heard of Arkansas State.  I thought I was pretty up to date on even the lower tier 1A teams.  I giggled and thought it was a typo and they accidently penciled in a 1AA team.  Then it turns out Arkansas State has been in he Sunbelt since 1991.  Where have I been???

I wonder what UCF thinks! I mean, since Theisman said not to take them lightly...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I wonder what UCF thinks! I mean, since Theisman said not to take them lightly...

Relevancy?

• Content Count:  334

Can we have this discussion maybe AFTER we win the big east??

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

If we are able to go to the Orange Bowl, my bet is it would be against FSU.  I cannot imagine that we wouldn't sell out of our allotment; this is history in the making.

• Content Count:  4,501

Maybe I saw this wrong or this was done awhile ago but Miami as # 3 in the ACC gets WV in a bowl game ?  Hmmmmm

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Give Mandel credit. He is staying consistent... unlike some CFB writers.

Stewart is probably my favorite CFB writer out there.

• Content Count:  4,879

how the hell have I never even heard of Arkansas State.  I thought I was pretty up to date on even the lower tier 1A teams.  I giggled and thought it was a typo and they accidently penciled in a 1AA team.  Then it turns out Arkansas State has been in he Sunbelt since 1991.  Where have I been???

Paul Griffin took the AD job there for about 30 minutes after getting the 'political-correctness' boot at USF

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

If USF goes to the Orange Bowl, I think there will be 15,000-16,000 tix sold, but more like 18,000-20,000 USF fans in Miami. I knew a lot of people that went up to FSU but didn't have tix. We have a lot of alumni in Miami as well.

Archived