• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay Bucs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Then what happened to the thousands of fans that used to fill that joint weekly?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

When the playoff contending Bucs, lead by an exciting young top QB and offense are blacked out this season what will the excuse be?

Glazers? Economy?

Trip and Co. go ahead and spin away.   :popcorn

I know the answer.  Tampa fans (as a whole) are awful. 

It's really easy for someone from the dank and dreary Northeast to sit on an ivory tower and take potshots at the Tampa fanbase.  My question to you is, were you here running your mouth pre-Rex Ryan, when the Jets continuously sukked?  If not, I figured; if so, good for you ... it will be my pleasure to see NYJ fall flat on their faces in another playoff failure this season.   :P

Ofcourse he was. Are you not familiar with the jet fans? This is what they do.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Then what happened to the thousands of fans that used to fill that joint weekly?

some of them are victims of the economy.  you know how many of those thousands of fans worked in construction, real estate, trades, etc. 

some of them were bandwagon fans.

some were turned off by the glazers behavior and ticket prices.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

So besides the comments from the peanut gallery I have :

Tampa has lots of sports fans, but they just arent Bucs fans.  speechless

victims of the economy. which hit Tampa harder than the other 30,000 cities in the US and especially the ones who have an nfl team

Glazer behavior.  I'd bet a majority of the Bucs magnet and flag donners have no idea who the Glazers are.

ticket prices.  I never bought an NFL game ticket cheaper than a Bucs ticket.  hmmm

Not going to lie I like the Bucs fans when they are non existant rather than them yee hawing at my sports bar when im trying to watch a game like an adult. 

I wonder if listening on the radio will do better or worse for fan exposure in the future.  for some reason the Lightning are the only organization in the city that gets it. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

victims of the economy. which hit Tampa harder than the other 30,000 cities in the US and especially the ones who have an nfl team

Glazer behavior.  I'd bet a majority of the Bucs magnet and flag donners have no idea who the Glazers are.

ticket prices.  I never bought an NFL game ticket cheaper than a Bucs ticket.  hmmm

Not going to lie I like the Bucs fans when they are non existant rather than them yee hawing at my sports bar when im trying to watch a game like an adult. 

I wonder if listening on the radio will do better or worse for fan exposure in the future.  for some reason the Lightning are the only organization in the city that gets it. 

The bigger question is:  Why do you care?  You're getting as bad as flsportsfan83, who seems to be more concerned with the Bucs and Rays, than his own teams.

The bigger question is:  Why do you care?  You're getting as bad as flsportsfan83, who seems to be more concerned with the Bucs and Rays, than his own teams.

the same reason the local papers care.  This isnt baseball where there are 81 home games with most on weekday nights.  this is the once a week nfl where there are only 8 home games.  Not to mention the team has promise.  i

yes I care.  Im more shocked.  Ive heard of blackouts in other places before but I never though I'd experience one here.  Especially since when I moved here all I saw was Bucs flags, car magnets, pewter this pewter that, die hard "fans", etc.    I can understand a bad baseball team not drawing, but the NFL? cmon man. 

If the Jets were blacked out I promise on my left nut I would be acting the same way in the only other message board I attend. 

Maybe this is an interrogation and I just want the Tampa fans to stop making excuses and just admit the facts. 

If LA gets a team I wouldnt be surprised if the Bucs are moved there.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Maybe this is an interrogation and I just want the Tampa fans to stop making excuses and just admit the facts. 

I think is more what Apis was refering to .... why is that so important to you?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

simple economics.

there are more jock sniffers in New jersey than there are in Tampa.

simple economics.

there are more jock sniffers in New jersey than there are in Tampa.

And in every other city who has an NFL team?  Great reasoning. 

Simple economics.  So its worse here than any other city who has an NFL team?

So by Bull94's reasoning Tampa has the coolest yet poorest people of all the cities who have an NFL team.  Excellent points. 

Trip, not that important.  Maybe I should write a letter to the marketing department of these teams and get a real answer

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Yes genius. You talk senseless attendance smack constantly. It has to do with population(jock sniffers), unemployment, median incomes, team record, and ticket prices. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the difference in population between New Jersey(home of the jets) and Tampa is quite substantial. Now check out median incomes and unemployment rate. Both hugely in favor of new jersey. We get it. You think Tampa fans are bad and jersey fans are the most loyal, passionate fans around. Obviously the buds sold out when the economy was humming so the only logical explanation is that Tampa jock sniffers don't have the disposable income they once had.

Archived