• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay Bucs

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Yes genius. You talk senseless attendance smack constantly. It has to do with population(jock sniffers), unemployment, median incomes, team record, and ticket prices. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the difference in population between New Jersey(home of the jets) and Tampa is quite substantial. Now check out median incomes and unemployment rate. Both hugely in favor of new jersey. We get it. You think Tampa fans are bad and jersey fans are the most loyal, passionate fans around. Obviously the buds sold out when the economy was humming so the only logical explanation is that Tampa jock sniffers don't have the disposable income they once had.

The Bucs sold out because they had a good team and a new stadium. The economy was not the deciding factor. Pittsburg is one of the hardest hit when it comes to the economy and they sell out.

People just dont care about the Bucs, unless it's the cool thing to do.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Trip, not that important.  Maybe I should write a letter to the marketing department of these teams and get a real answer

It's not important but you're thinking about writing a letter a marketing department ....You are contradiction personified, Herm.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

They were 10-6 last year. I would consider that good. Tell me the unemployment rate ,population, and median income in Pittsburgh. I'm willing to bet all 3 are in favor of Pittsburgh. Home building and associated industries(mortgage brokers, inspectors,realtors,etc) made up a huge part of our local economy. Home prices got cut in half here. The jock sniffers can no longer borrow against their house to buy season tickets. Was Pittsburgh home market considered a bubble?

They were 10-6 last year. I would consider that good. Tell me the unemployment rate ,population, and median income in Pittsburgh. I'm willing to bet all 3 are in favor of Pittsburgh. Home building and associated industries(mortgage brokers, inspectors,realtors,etc) made up a huge part of our local economy. Home prices got cut in half here. The jock sniffers can no longer borrow against their house to buy season tickets. Was Pittsburgh home market considered a bubble?

What was attendance like for the Bucs before Raymond James? Are you telling me that in Tampa there are not atleast 60k fans that can afford a ticket? Thats really sad, they should just pack up the offices and move the team to LA.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I agree they should move. Try taking a family of four to a game.50 per ticket 20 Tao park another 40 on consessions. 200-300 for a family is good coin when our median income in the area is under 40k and unemployment is over 12%.  Maybe people feel they can better spend their money

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Yes genius. You talk senseless attendance smack constantly. It has to do with population(jock sniffers), unemployment, median incomes, team record, and ticket prices. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the difference in population between New Jersey(home of the jets) and Tampa is quite substantial. Now check out median incomes and unemployment rate. Both hugely in favor of new jersey. We get it. You think Tampa fans are bad and jersey fans are the most loyal, passionate fans around. Obviously the buds sold out when the economy was humming so the only logical explanation is that Tampa jock sniffers don't have the disposable income they once had.

Genius, you keep bringing up New Jersey.  Im not comparing at all, that would be silly. 

What about Kansas City or San Diego or Cinncinnati or Buffalo or Miami or etc. etc. etc. 

So Tampa has the worst economy of all these places?  I dont believe that. 

The logical explanation is since the Bucs arent the cool thing for everyone to follow no one goes. 

Genius, you keep bringing up New Jersey.  Im not comparing at all, that would be silly. 

What about Kansas City or San Diego or Cinncinnati or Buffalo or Miami or etc. etc. etc. 

The logical explanation is since the Bucs arent the cool thing for everyone to follow no one goes. 

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner

Herm, I'm not sure how much more proof you need to realize how ******* stupid you sound with this ...  :D

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i will just say that i personally know an electical contractor company had a block of 50 season tickets and now have none.  they have also cut 30% of their workforce and made pay cuts across the board.  their business was tied heavily to new home construction.  they simply can't afford it from a corporate level.  i'm sure they are many more cases like this from plumbers, masonary companies, etc.

the construction services area are a huge target market for NFL.  mostly males who are 25-50 and like to be outside and drink beer.  this group went from having more work they knew what to do with to now maybe getting 1 or 2 jobs a week.  it hasn't changed how much they like the bucs but just what they can and cant afford

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

i will just say that i personally know an electical contractor company had a block of 50 season tickets and now have none.  they have also cut 30% of their workforce and made pay cuts across the board.  their business was tied heavily to new home construction.  they simply can't afford it from a corporate level.  i'm sure they are many more cases like this from plumbers, masonary companies, etc.

the construction services area are a huge target market for NFL.  mostly males who are 25-50 and like to be outside and drink beer.  this group went from having more work they knew what to do with to now maybe getting 1 or 2 jobs a week.  it hasn't changed how much they like the bucs but just what they can and cant afford

ahhh a breath of fresh air.  A logical explanation.  Im not sure Im buying thats the reason for a blackout, but I can see that deterring a demographic of fans to not be able to come. 

Archived