• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay Bucs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Yes genius. You talk senseless attendance smack constantly. It has to do with population(jock sniffers), unemployment, median incomes, team record, and ticket prices. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the difference in population between New Jersey(home of the jets) and Tampa is quite substantial. Now check out median incomes and unemployment rate. Both hugely in favor of new jersey. We get it. You think Tampa fans are bad and jersey fans are the most loyal, passionate fans around. Obviously the buds sold out when the economy was humming so the only logical explanation is that Tampa jock sniffers don't have the disposable income they once had.

Genius, you keep bringing up New Jersey.  Im not comparing at all, that would be silly. 

What about Kansas City or San Diego or Cinncinnati or Buffalo or Miami or etc. etc. etc. 

So Tampa has the worst economy of all these places?  I dont believe that. 

The logical explanation is since the Bucs arent the cool thing for everyone to follow no one goes. 

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner

Herm, I'm not sure how much more proof you need to realize how ******* stupid you sound with this ...  :D

That is funny Trip. 

People get mad at me but the truth is I go to games.  I contribute to the Tampa economy as much as I can.  Unlike Bull94 I spend and am not scred to.  Maybe because I constantly work and dont blame others for things.  I dont feel the affect of the economy (except on gas).  I am self employed so I can easily put my tail between my legs blame Obama, Bush or Mickey Mouse of why my business isnt going to do well, but I just work harder and do what I have to.  Tough times dont last, tough people do.  Remember that.  Im giving motivational speeches for free. 

Also, I love the Bull 94 or others who say New Jersey is the home of the Jets.  Who cares?  We know that.  It was Hempstead, NY until they built the sickest complex in the NFL in Floram Park, NJ. Do you know the difference between NJ and NY tax?  If you were a billionaire owner in NYC you would do the same.  Jets?Giants stadium has always been in New Jersey because 1) you cant build in NYC anywhere due to no room and 2) the price would be astronomical.  Though in New Jersey, I know for a fact that a vast majority of the people in those seats are paying to drive there or somehow commute, paying the tolls to get over the bridges or tunnel, paying for parking, paying for tickets, paying concessions and doing it because 1) we have real fans and 2) NYers are tough and like the saying if you can make it there you can make it anywhere.  Im living proof.  See you at the Bucs games this year, oh wait maybe I wont. 

Sorry, maybe its the way I was bred, but I still dont get it. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

i will just say that i personally know an electical contractor company had a block of 50 season tickets and now have none.  they have also cut 30% of their workforce and made pay cuts across the board.  their business was tied heavily to new home construction.  they simply can't afford it from a corporate level.  i'm sure they are many more cases like this from plumbers, masonary companies, etc.

the construction services area are a huge target market for NFL.  mostly males who are 25-50 and like to be outside and drink beer.  this group went from having more work they knew what to do with to now maybe getting 1 or 2 jobs a week.  it hasn't changed how much they like the bucs but just what they can and cant afford

ahhh a breath of fresh air.  A logical explanation.  Im not sure Im buying thats the reason for a blackout, but I can see that deterring a demographic of fans to not be able to come. 

LOL ... Matt made pretty much the same logical observation 2 pages ago. I guess you need to hear things twice before it sinks in ...  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Yes genius. You talk senseless attendance smack constantly. It has to do with population(jock sniffers), unemployment, median incomes, team record, and ticket prices. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the difference in population between New Jersey(home of the jets) and Tampa is quite substantial. Now check out median incomes and unemployment rate. Both hugely in favor of new jersey. We get it. You think Tampa fans are bad and jersey fans are the most loyal, passionate fans around. Obviously the buds sold out when the economy was humming so the only logical explanation is that Tampa jock sniffers don't have the disposable income they once had.

Genius, you keep bringing up New Jersey.  Im not comparing at all, that would be silly. 

What about Kansas City or San Diego or Cinncinnati or Buffalo or Miami or etc. etc. etc. 

So Tampa has the worst economy of all these places?  I dont believe that. 

The logical explanation is since the Bucs arent the cool thing for everyone to follow no one goes. 

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner

Herm, I'm not sure how much more proof you need to realize how ******* stupid you sound with this ...  :D

That is funny Trip. 

People get mad at me but the truth is I go to games.

I'm not mad ... I just don't understand why you have an aversion to calling this what it is .... SMACK. Embrace it ... you're a New Yorker ... it's what you do.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

NYers are tough and like the saying if you can make it there you can make it anywhere.

Except when a tropical storm passes overhead. Then there's mass evacuations and the ENTIRE CITY shuts down. What a bunch of candy asses. That type of **** wouldn't cut it in South Florida.

only places in NY that were evacuated were the people of south shore long island.  Which is completely underwater. 

NY is all islands, little easier to flood than a huge peninsula. 

Doen't quite come across as tough... just sayin.

Since the thread is about the Bucs ingeneral, looks like they have a pretty good and deep D-line this year.

Since the thread is about the Bucs ingeneral, looks like they have a pretty good and deep D-line this year.

honestly, I think the whole team is good and young.  Only problem I saw was I thought they were definitley losing Talib for at least this season and some how shooting at people is ok with the NFL and the Bucs. 

Guns laws in New York and Texas are a million years apart.  Ask Plaxico Burress. 

Agree. If I were a Bucs fan, I would be moderately optimistic about this season and definitely feel positive about the future. Freeman couldn't hit the broad side of a barn on Saturday night though.

Archived