• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

High School Teacher/ Recruiting question

BDYZR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Can a teacher at a high school recruit/talk-up a college program?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Can a teacher at a high school recruit/talk-up a college program?

If you're talking about a teacher talking up their own college's program, I don't think so, if they're a booster. The answer should be in here:

Guide to NCAA Rules...for Alumni and Friends of USF

• Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Yes a teacher can talk up their alma mater to a recruit, as long as the teacher has no direct current affiliation with the school (i.e being a booster, working in some fashion for the school, etc.) I don't believe there are any rules preventing teachers from talking to their students lol (as long as the convo is appropriate lol)

Yes a teacher can talk up their alma mater to a recruit, as long as the teacher has no direct current affiliation with the school (i.e being a booster, working in some fashion for the school, etc.) I don't believe there are any rules preventing teachers from talking to their students lol (as long as the convo is appropriate lol)

Odds are, though, if you're not a booster, you wouldn't be talking up the program ...  ;)

• Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Thanks Trip. I knew about the season ticket holder, just curious about other stipulations.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

it's probably one of those gray areas and if they already had an established relationship w/ the kid.

• Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

I would call the compliance office if you have any questions.

Steve Horton Associate Director of Athletics (813) 974-6858 horton@admin.usf.edu

Rick Stumpf Assistant Director of Athletics (813) 974-4061 rstumpf@admin.usf.edu

it's probably one of those gray areas and if they already had an established relationship w/ the kid.

Pre-Established Relationship: Athletics representatives who have pre-established

relationships with prospects, their parents and relatives may continue normal contacts

with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes, and are

not arranged by members of the institution's coaching staff.

I would call the compliance office if you have any questions.

Steve Horton Associate Director of Athletics (813) 974-6858 horton@admin.usf.edu

Rick Stumpf Assistant Director of Athletics (813) 974-4061 rstumpf@admin.usf.edu

An even wiser idea ...

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Pre-Established Relationship: Athletics representatives who have pre-established

relationships with prospects, their parents and relatives may continue normal contacts

with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes, and are

not arranged by members of the institution's coaching staff.

I was just thinking that if Sileo could talk up miami interview chickillo and miami just happened to come up, there may be instances where usf may just happen to come up if you talking to a student....but like you guys have said, would probably not be a bad idea to talk to compliance first.

Archived