• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Don't want no prima donna.

Want somebody hungry, who's going to bust his every day on the weights and the film

Somebody who'd going to bleed grren and gold for 5 years, then come back and watch games and maybe help out in recruiting or coaching.

Go Bulls!

+1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Good lord data... You must be 100% correct... All bullshitting aside, AW is the college version of Jemarcus Russel.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Big league chew...

That is all... Carry on

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Long time lurker here, finally decided to chime in. 

I have thought for a while that AW was hyped more then he should be, but would still be a good qb and a good get. That said I think this team just needs a decent QB to get through year one with CWT. I would be an ecstatic season ticket holder with a 7 or 8 win regular season. That would show we are on the right path and give CWT some serious respect with recruits. Next year is when we land our huge QB, the one that is hungry, the one that is nasty, the one that will take us to multiple 10+ win seasons. AW could have been a **** good qb, especially under CWT but I still think there is better yet to come and this may be a blessing in disguise for the long term. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

I’m not sure what UCLA and Clemson are telling him, but it would be somewhat of a head scratcher for him to choose either of them, based on his father stating that they were looking for early playing time and the most opportunity to showcase his talents. Since neither have a QB commit this year he is probably hearing he is “THE†QB target for this year.

Here are the under classmen from the 2012 season.

UCLA

Name Year Rank Stars

Brett Hundley rFR #3 *****

Devin Fuller FR #3 ****

T.J. Millweard FR #31 ***

The five star, #3 QB in the country with 2 years at UCLA is the projected starter. You’d have to think that the #3 ranked QB in the country from last years recruiting class would be the backup.

Clemson

Name Year Rank Stars

Cole Stoudt SO #28 ***

Chad Kelly FR #20 ***

Tony McNeal rFR #30 ***

He’s not going to displace their senior Tajh Boyd. When Boyd finishes after the 2013 season, Cole Stoudt will then be a Jr with 3yrs in Swinney’s system, not to mention the other two under classmen.

Based on this I would say USF is still the best opportunity/probability for him to showcase his talents. Throw in the friends, family, and top talent he would have to throw to and it seems like the logical choice.

Edited by CRBULL

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I’m not sure what UCLA and Clemson are telling him, but it would be somewhat of a head scratcher for him to choose either of them, based on his father stating that they were looking for early playing time and the most opportunity to showcase his talents. Since neither have a QB commit this year he is probably hearing he is “THE†QB target for this year.

Here are the under classmen from the 2012 season.

UCLA

Name Year Rank Stars

Brett Hundley rFR #3 *****

Devin Fuller FR #3 ****

T.J. Millweard FR #31 ***

The five star, #3 QB in the country with 2 years at UCLA is the projected starter. You’d have to think that the #3 ranked QB in the country from last years recruiting class would be the backup.

Clemson

Name Year Rank Stars

Cole Stoudt SO #28 ***

Chad Kelly FR #20 ***

Tony McNeal rFR #30 ***

He’s not going to displace their senior Tajh Boyd. When Boyd finishes after the 2013 season, Cole Stoudt will then be a Jr with 3yrs in Swinney’s system, not to mention the other two under classmen.

Based on this I would say USF is still the best opportunity/probability for him to showcase his talents. Throw in the friends, family, and top talent he would have to throw to and it seems like the logical choice.

Wow, someone applying reason to this discussion. What a refreshing breath of air.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

CRBULL is right on the money.  He's being sold a bill of goods and what college wouldn't want as much depth as possible?  For the kid though, his choice here could lead to a LONG TIME ON THE PINE.  For a kid who just went through the hype he's going through now and used to being a "star", that's going to suck.

I'm going to call this now, mark the tape.  He goes out of state after buying the "sexy" stories by these seasoned recruiters/coaches with bigger names and in one season, maybe two at the most he's transferring to USF hoping to play in front of family.

We've all seen quite a few kids "come home" and this is building up to be one of those times. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

CRBULL is right on the money.  He's being sold a bill of goods and what college wouldn't want as much depth as possible?  For the kid though, his choice here could lead to a LONG TIME ON THE PINE.  For a kid who just went through the hype he's going through now and used to being a "star", that's going to suck.

I'm going to call this now, mark the tape.  He goes out of state after buying the "sexy" stories by these seasoned recruiters/coaches with bigger names and in one season, maybe two at the most he's transferring to USF hoping to play in front of family.

We've all seen quite a few kids "come home" and this is building up to be one of those times. 

Not only that..It makes good sense for us..We will be able to judge if he is truly tallented and not waste a schollie

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

Unfortunately I agree. I might even take it a step further and say in that scenario he ends up at UCF instead because we would have an entrenched QB by then. I'm just hoping that he steps back, really weighs out the probabilities of the amount of playing time at all of his options, and goes with what he knows is the right choice rather than what everyone around him is selling - this is his life. If you are Woulard you also have to consider that those schools are going to be pulling in top QBs almost every year, so it's not just the older guys you'll have to compete with when you finally think you've paid your dues on the bench.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

And at UCLA Brett Hundley had the best statistical season ever by a UCLA QB in his first year starting last year. Woulard would not even have a shot at competing to see the field until his rsJR year.