• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If he does in fact reopen his recruiting, wouldn't this be a commit, decommit, recommit, redecommit situation? Though I love his talent and upside, I would be a little be leery of his "word" with this being the case. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a kid keeping his options open, taking visits, all of the experience that goes with the once in a lifetime opportunity. What I don't like is giving USF your word, going back on it, then giving us your word again, then going back on it a second time.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Not worried at all. We've done a bang up job recruiting QBs the last several years so i am sure coach has a backup plan if it comes to that.

2009- none

2010- Jamius Gunsby

2011- Matt Floyd

2012- none

2013- ?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

If he does in fact reopen his recruiting, wouldn't this be a commit, decommit, recommit, redecommit situation? Though I love his talent and upside, I would be a little be leery of his "word" with this being the case. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a kid keeping his options open, taking visits, all of the experience that goes with the once in a lifetime opportunity. What I don't like is giving USF your word, going back on it, then giving us your word again, then going back on it a second time.

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Not worried at all. We've done a bang up job recruiting QBs the last several years so i am sure coach has a backup plan if it comes to that.

2009- none

2010- Jamius Gunsby

2011- Matt Floyd

2012- none

2013- ?

get fired and collect 2.5 mil? :D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

i don't put a lot of stock in any commitment, not even woulard's and nothing against him. personally, i think more high schoolers need to keep their mouths shut until after thanksgiving. that's when they can have better reads on how a team is doing and how the person in your position already at the school is doing...maybe they're injured, maybe they're not panning out, maybe they're a big surprise as a FR/SO and could be hard to unseat for 2-3 years. late november also is telling whether the coach recruiting you will still be there if that is in question. and usually teams have the gap between bowls and/or no bowl right after that, so there is plenty of time for all of the commitments to come out at that point.

in the end, i count nothing until signing day when the list starts to get inked.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

I have a friend who's son was being recruited VERY heavily as a junior and they made the decision to committ early simply to stop the circus going on around him. Every single night he was getting calls from colleges and/or recruiting web sites wanting to know which way he was leaning. It was very difficult keeping his focus on his grades and his feet on the ground (you can imagine how the kids love the celebrity treatment). Unfortunately this also leaves too much time for things to change and minds to change. Tough position for kids that only recently started driving.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

This is why it's better to just not get involved in this cr@p until signing day is over.

Something we can agree on ...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

i don't put a lot of stock in any commitment, not even woulard's and nothing against him. personally, i think more high schoolers need to keep their mouths shut until after thanksgiving. that's when they can have better reads on how a team is doing and how the person in your position already at the school is doing...maybe they're injured, maybe they're not panning out, maybe they're a big surprise as a FR/SO and could be hard to unseat for 2-3 years. late november also is telling whether the coach recruiting you will still be there if that is in question. and usually teams have the gap between bowls and/or no bowl right after that, so there is plenty of time for all of the commitments to come out at that point.

in the end, i count nothing until signing day when the list starts to get inked.

Problem is come thanks giving a lot of the big schools are all but filled up only holding a handful of spots for the selective 5 or 6 guys they really want to wait on. It's the nature of the beast to commit early. Football needs an early signing period and that would go a long way to cut down on the shenanigans.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

He's a kid. If any of us were him and not blinded by our feelings for USF, we'd all take our visits. You get 5 free trips to help you determine where you are going to get a free education and spend the next 4-5 years of your life. Even if he is committed 100%, any father/friend would advise him to get the experiences. I hope he stays committed and actually think he will, but I also hope he has a good time. If we all want to be big time, this happens - kids take their visits for the most part. We need to continue to support the university and this kid. If he comes we can build around him. Everything I've heard, seen, or read from him shows that he's a mature young man. I hope he has fun, gets laid, and realizes theres much more of that here and the grass can be plenty green despite the poor season.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

This is why it's better to just not get involved in this cr@p until signing day is over.

Something we can agree on ...

Guess there's always a first time for everything :) lol