• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

hasn't had a great senior year this year. mediocre numbers against mediocre high school defenses. more of a great athlete playing QB . doesn't fit skip's offense. better for urban meyer or rich rod offense.

So who would you suggest? Not like we have people knocking on our door to play QB. I think I'd rather have the guy who wont the Elite 11

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

hasn't had a great senior year this year. mediocre numbers against mediocre high school defenses. more of a great athlete playing QB . doesn't fit skip's offense. better for urban meyer or rich rod offense.

So who would you suggest? Not like we have people knocking on our door to play QB. I think I'd rather have the guy who wont the Elite 11

some skills competion that he didn't qualify for? he was given an invite. in fact he was #25 to make the list. he had a lousy first day. then he threw a bomb in 2 minute drill to "win" the subjective contest which was going to be a 3 way tie before they decided to give it to him. BTW why do they call it elite 11? they have 25 guys there.

I like to see how they do against live action. actual defenses. not 7 on 7. he hasn't exactly lit up the teams he has played against this year. he will be a project for sure. he is being recruited on his intangibles. I'd rather a guy that has gaudy high school passing stats at a top level even if he isn't 6'3" 200 lbs.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Lets say everything you present is accurate and Woulard is not very good. ( not that I agree with you). Than who do we have looking forward to next season or the following year at QB? Bobby Eveld? Matt Floyd? Do you or any other Bulls fan really want to put all your marbles in either of those two?

This leads us to believe that Skip is not getting the recruiting done. ECU was left with a VERY BARE Cuppard when he left them. It took 3 years to start winning again. Ask any ECU fan, they will tell you when Skippy Boy left, they had no one.

Edited by Dhambuc

Lets say everything you present is accurate and Woulard is not very good. ( not that I agree with you). Than who do we have looking forward to next season or the following year at QB? Bobby Eveld? Matt Floyd? Do you or any other Bulls fan really want to put all your marbles in either of those two?

This leads us to believe that Skip is not getting the recruiting done. ECU was left with a VERY BARE Cuppard when he left them. It took 3 years to start winning again. Ask any ECU fan, they will tell you when Skippy Boy left, they had no one.

skip hasn't done a bang up job recruiting QBs that's for sure. I don't know who he plans on playing. in college you really only need a serviceable QB. great defense and good running game. that's if you have the right offense. I don't think skip's offense is a good college offense. he relies on QB to make way too many throws(short, difficult throws that are high risk low reward). there is no way BJ or any mid level QB , unless you truly find a diamond which is rare, should be throwing the ball 35+ times per game. he also puts way too much pressure on his defense by running hurry up. it increases our opponents time of possession and increases their # of plays.unfortunately that's how his offense is designed. Floyd might do well just by the fact skip becomes more conservative and runs the ball more. I think he can be a decent QB if you expect him to pass 15 - 20 times not 35 times per game.

woulard was listed as 23 best dual threat before his win at elite 11. then he miraculously jumps to #2. these rating sites are a scam. great highlight reel doesn't mean great QB. he hasn't become a better qb over night. he won a subjective skills competition. that isn't playing against live action. defenses blitzing. mixing coverages, etc.

he had 15 TDs and 10 picks last year. his first year at the position. numbers aren't any better this year. that's against live mediocre high school action.he could turn into a great qb if used properly.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

some skills competion that he didn't qualify for? he was given an invite. in fact he was #25 to make the list. he had a lousy first day. then he threw a bomb in 2 minute drill to "win" the subjective contest which was going to be a 3 way tie before they decided to give it to him. BTW why do they call it elite 11? they have 25 guys there.

I like to see how they do against live action. actual defenses. not 7 on 7. he hasn't exactly lit up the teams he has played against this year. he will be a project for sure. he is being recruited on his intangibles. I'd rather a guy that has gaudy high school passing stats at a top level even if he isn't 6'3" 200 lbs.

Just like you didn't like anyone saying anything bad about BJ, why are you railing on this kid? It makes no sense. Will you instantly defend everything he does once he's our starting QB? If so, why not start now?

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Oh boy....if AW doesn't sign with USF we are in big trouble. That is what happens when you lay all your eggs in one basket, which Holtz has done with the QB position.

Kemp,is gone. We need a good running back.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just like you didn't like anyone saying anything bad about BJ, why are you railing on this kid? It makes no sense. Will you instantly defend everything he does once he's our starting QB? If so, why not start now?

Because he lives to :stirpot:

I'm not railing on him. he could be a great college QB in the right system and with time to develop.he has a ton of potential.

his numbers his senior year speak for themself. mediocre

for all we know he could be nc state's starting qb in a few years.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

AW has an offical visit with NC State coming up...?

hopefully it turns out like the bivins visit last year. i understand taking the trips because recruiting only happens once in your life, but these trips always make me nervous.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angrymob: