• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

You know, I actually wonder how this season and our last season would turn out differently if we had a QB like AW that was accurate. I'm sure we'd have made a bowl last year, and have many less interceptions and a few more wins.

QB has been the least of our problems this year and last. BJ is far from perfect but he's given us leads, or gotten us closer, late in games only to see the game lost

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

2.5 questions:

1. How significant is CSH's presence on Woulard's commitment to attend USF, and would that commitment soften should Holtz be removed?

2. If you could have one, but not both, would you rather keep Holtz and maintain Woulard's commitment or replace CSH but also lose Woulard?

# 2 being totally hypothetical. IMO, I am all in for Woulard and would do whatever necessary to keep him at USF. I think his passion even more than his talent will do wonders for this program.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

I think CSH would have more options with woulard and it would result in more aggressive play calling and consistent down field throws. BJ is all he's had hard to judge if it's lack of good play calling or having a limitation on what he can call. I like coach Holtz a ton it's important that the players buy into the coach and I think they are confident in him and USF will be fine if AW can get it together sooner than later and bring in a solid passing game

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2.5 questions:

1. How significant is CSH's presence on Woulard's commitment to attend USF, and would that commitment soften should Holtz be removed?

2. If you could have one, but not both, would you rather keep Holtz and maintain Woulard's commitment or replace CSH but also lose Woulard?

# 2 being totally hypothetical. IMO, I am all in for Woulard and would do whatever necessary to keep him at USF. I think his passion even more than his talent will do wonders for this program.

Honestly, I want Holtz gone, but if firing him meant losing Woulard, I think I'd rather keep Holtz one more year - just to make sure Woulard comes to USF.

In terms of the next 5 years of USF's development: Woulard > Holtz

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I think CSH would have more options with woulard and it would result in more aggressive play calling and consistent down field throws. BJ is all he's had hard to judge if it's lack of good play calling or having a limitation on what he can call. I like coach Holtz a ton it's important that the players buy into the coach and I think they are confident in him and USF will be fine if AW can get it together sooner than later and bring in a solid passing game

I think there is some truth here.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Absolutely. When is the last time you remember Daniels completing a pass in the middle of the field? There is certainly skill there, but there are some limitations to running a fully functional offense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Absolutely. When is the last time you remember Daniels completing a pass in the middle of the field? There is certainly skill there, but there are some limitations to running a fully functional offense.

A fully functional offense isn't possible if wr's are dropping balls that hit them right in the hands, killing drives. AW should be a huge asset when he gets here but he, like BJ, can't do it by himself ... BJ is tied for the lead in interceptions on the team right now.

A fully functional offense isn't possible if wr's are dropping balls that hit them right in the hands, killing drives. AW should be a huge asset when he gets here but he, like BJ, can't do it by himself ... BJ is tied for the lead in interceptions on the team right now.

Yeah, but let's be real. On a lot of those "drops", the ball wasn't where it was supposed to be. When the ball is thrown behind the receiver, it is a very difficult catch. When the QB leads the receiver right into a defender, it makes the catch more difficult. They should catch more, but with a more accurate QB, there would be less drops.

How many times is there a wide open receiver, and the ball goes to a different receiver? How many times is a wide open receiver completely missed?

I'm not sure the reason, but Holtz is protecting BJ. Maybe it's easier to blame a group of receivers than one QB. Maybe BJ responds better to praise.

It isn't all BJ's fault, but I expected a lot more from a fifth year senior QB.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe he understands that BJ is all he has and is smart enough to keep constructive criticisms between the two of them. It's a smart move it won't help to publicly criticize the only hope you got to satisfy the public interest that's good coaching IMO