Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I think CSH would have more options with woulard and it would result in more aggressive play calling and consistent down field throws. BJ is all he's had hard to judge if it's lack of good play calling or having a limitation on what he can call. I like coach Holtz a ton it's important that the players buy into the coach and I think they are confident in him and USF will be fine if AW can get it together sooner than later and bring in a solid passing game

agree w/ this. I am curious how CSH adjusts his playcalling w/ AW as the QB.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

I have no expectations for this young man. Just please stay commited.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

I think CSH would have more options with woulard and it would result in more aggressive play calling and consistent down field throws. BJ is all he's had hard to judge if it's lack of good play calling or having a limitation on what he can call. I like coach Holtz a ton it's important that the players buy into the coach and I think they are confident in him and USF will be fine if AW can get it together sooner than later and bring in a solid passing game

I think there is some truth here.

Absolutely. When is the last time you remember Daniels completing a pass in the middle of the field? There is certainly skill there, but there are some limitations to running a fully functional offense.

A fully functional offense isn't possible if wr's are dropping balls that hit them right in the hands, killing drives. AW should be a huge asset when he gets here but he, like BJ, can't do it by himself ... BJ is tied for the lead in interceptions on the team right now.

Yeah, but let's be real. On a lot of those "drops", the ball wasn't where it was supposed to be. When the ball is thrown behind the receiver, it is a very difficult catch. When the QB leads the receiver right into a defender, it makes the catch more difficult. They should catch more, but with a more accurate QB, there would be less drops.

Did you not see that I qualified those "drops" with balls that hit them right in the hands? I wasn't referring to balls that were questionable ... maybe I should have said right between the numbers, standing there all by themselves. If you watched the game yesterday, that's real.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Did you not see that I qualified those "drops" with balls that hit them right in the hands? I wasn't referring to balls that were questionable ... maybe I should have said right between the numbers, standing there all by themselves. If you watched the game yesterday, that's real.

I agree there were a couple of those. And there are a lot of young receivers out there. But I don't really think the offense is running optimally, and I think a lot of it is limitations at the QB position.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Bottom line, I think BJ has lost the faith of his receiving Corps. He can't put touch on anything that lets the receiver catch the ball in stride, he drills them with uncatchable passes and he misses huge wide open opportunities down the field. As a QB, once you have lost the confidence of your receiving corps you are toast. You can't keep blaming this on our receivers year after year. BJ, time after time, fails with the game on the line. He makes stupid mistakes he misses wide open receivers and he throws passes that jesus couldn't catch. He threw a pass at Freakshow's feet in the FSU game and then tried to berate Davis on the sidelines. Davis would have none of it, to his credit. BJ just isn't a talented FB player. He is a headcase waiting to happen at any time, in any game. He is the Anti-Grothe.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Bottom line, I think BJ has lost the faith of his receiving Corps. He can't put touch on anything that lets the receiver catch the ball in stride, he drills them with uncatchable passes and he misses huge wide open opportunities down the field. As a QB, once you have lost the confidence of your receiving corps you are toast. You can't keep blaming this on our receivers year after year. BJ, time after time, fails with the game on the line. He makes stupid mistakes he misses wide open receivers and he throws passes that jesus couldn't catch. He threw a pass at Freakshow's feet in the FSU game and then tried to berate Davis on the sidelines. Davis would have none of it, to his credit. BJ just isn't a talented FB player. He is a headcase waiting to happen at any time, in any game. He is the Anti-Grothe.

Bottom line is people want to see what they want to see but we've already steered this thread more off topic than it needs to be so I'll just leave it there ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Bottom line is people want to see what they want to see but we've already steered this thread more off topic than it needs to be so I'll just leave it there ...

+1

AW > BJD

End of that story.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

+1

AW > BJD

End of that story.

aw can't get here soon enough. At least we will have bball soon

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

With AW the play book is gonna be wideopen because he can make the throws and he is an ACTUAL quarterback unlike BJ who for all his good qualities is essentially a game manager. 80 percent of BJs throw are10 yard outs, screens, and the occasional hitch. every other time he's scrambling outside the pocket makin stuff happen. The fact we NEVER use Tight ends is a testament to BJ not being able to hit soft spots in the defense. On the flip side watching Asiantii in his last throws in the Elite 11 he threads the needle To the tight end ON A FLY before the guy EVEN TURNS AROUND for INCREDIBLE timing. IMO he's the real deal, and USF is gonna be a whole new animal when he gets here. No more of this one dimensional take away the first read there goes the offense crap. AW is going to break records.

Edited by Bullsfan11

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

how has winter park been doing lately?

I'm sure AW is tearing up the high school defenses he faces. he must make them look foolish.

I'm excited for CSH to get someone in here to run his offense.