• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Lol @ usf fans to kept telling me that the acc was going to disband before the big east, and that miami had no where to go. you guys are fools

and you're a dumbass.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Lol @ usf fans to kept telling me that the acc was going to disband before the big east, and that miami had no where to go. you guys are fools

USF 23, Miami 20

Now go away.

• Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

If it's true 10 schools have applied to the ACC, we all know they can't take all 10.  Bad news, though.  The crawl along ESPN says that Baylor and Iowa State have both asked about the BE should the Big 12 dissolve.

I'd take both those teams. Have you seen them play this year? Iowa St just beat UCoon.

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

This thread wins the contest for my two cents.  

I agree with what Mama Bull said in the other thread.  The powers that be at USF had better be setting up something now for our transition to one of the eventual four 16 team super-conferences.  Not sure it matters which one.  

Given our TV market there should be a place for us.  Assuming the SEC and ACC are among the four, that leaves two with no Florida team.  Physical geography seems to matter less and less (e.g. TCU in the BE), so I'm saying it's ours to do or not do.  Let's hope Doug Woolard is on top of it.  

Posted this on the main board.

I am starting to understand why Cuse and Pitt are leaving, which is the commissioner. With Texas A&M going to the SEC why is the Big East not forcing the issue with the prospects?

After reading this http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201109171927 I think I know why.

Everything is reactionary with this commissioner, which is the gripe both Pitt and WVU have expressed wanting a 12 FB conference (sorry lost the link).

I am concerned for USF...

Last year, the Big East brought in former NFL commish Paul Tagliabue but what ever happened to that?

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Pitt announcement on joining ACC expected soon

Saturday, September 17, 2011

By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Post-Gazette has learned that Pitt will move from the Big East to the ACC and that an announcement could come as soon as today.

Pitt's stance has consistently been that the school would like to preserve the Big East but that changed this summer when athletic director Steve Pederson made it clear that the school wanted a 12-team football conference.

Pederson, as well as West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck, also made it clear they were losing faith in Big East commissioner John Marinatto because they believe he wasn't being proactive enough.

ESPN has reported that Oklahoma regents are meeting Monday to discuss the school's affiliation with the Big 12 and if the school decides to leave the conference, the conference is likely to fall apart.

And that could trigger a number of other moves across the country, including expansion of the ACC, Pac 12 and SEC.

Current, the ACC's 12 member schools are Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11260/1175549-100.stm#ixzz1YEyyXwZL

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11260/1175549-100.stm

Seems that this is a done deal, and that Oklahoma BOR are meeting Monday; could be huge for the Big East (ie. if they decide to move with Okie st. to pac 12).

Also funny to see some of the Big East AD's, and their dislike of Marinatto.  I thought the Big 12 commish sucked, I think Marinatto is trying to take that away from him.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Pitt and Syracuse reportedly apply to ACC. Per ESPN.

Nooooooo, really???? I haven't seen that reported by anyone else today, you are the first.

You guys are so dumb.  FSU isn't going anywhere. And Miami doesnt need to leave the ACC even if FSU does. Quite frankly, if the miami/fsu rivalry were to end, no big deal.

Can go one of two ways mainly. First, everything stays the same, and a few teams around the country jump around.

Other option is if programs leave the ACC, whether FSU or not, Miami stays put and Texas and Mizzou join the ACC. It's already in talks. Most likely, nothing happens though. Keep in mind ESPN and the media have a job to keep writing stories and keeping things interesting. 90% of what they spew is garbage.

What'll really blow your mind is that if the NCAA continues their misconeived agenda on teams around the country, is that most big programs will jump over to Mark Cubans league which will be a mini-nfl, where paying college players is mandated and there are basically no rules. Do a little research on that. It actually has legs too. I know osu texas usc oregan oklahoma byu and texasa&m and soon miami will be on board for that idea.

As usual though, you guys are way behind, and wrong.

Way behind. Like Miami is in the polls. Like Miami is in NCAA compliance. Way behind, like the speculation that Miami will be kicked out of the ACC because their program is run by people who can't understand and comply with NCAA RULES. Kick out Miami, add USF. See who is behind then.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Pitt and Syracuse reportedly apply to ACC. Per ESPN.

Nooooooo, really???? I haven't seen that reported by anyone else today, you are the first.

Sorry, I don't read the Big East board very often :).

Archived