• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orange Bowl Poll

So, on another recent topic, some people have us going to the Orange Bowl. Should USF make it to the Orange Bowl, what is your guess as to the number of tickets sold to people buying through USF?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

The weirdest things run through my head when I can't sleep at night.  Last night was one of those nights.

My guess is 6 - 8.  Prices are high and when push comes to shove, many people will not go.  And others will buy from sources other than USF.  I was tempted to go with 4 - 6, but I'm trying to be slightly optimistic. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I would go likely with a larger group. There is a 0% chance I would buy tickets through USF. You can get Orange Bowl tickets on Stub Hub for less than $10 most years.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I would go likely with a larger group. There is a 0% chance I would buy tickets through USF. You can get Orange Bowl tickets on Stub Hub for less than $10 most years.

If that's the case, I would be hard-pressed to buy $150+ tickets when a $10 option exists.

I can understand paying a little more to help support the school, but that's insane.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Are we comparing apples to apples here with those prices or are we comparing upper level corner end zone seats to 20-50 year line seats?

• Content Count:  10,565

And people wonder why programs like UConn, etc. have to eat such a huge cost on tickets.

I think our crowd might be larger if we're playing FSU, but I think 6-8k is max.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

And people wonder why programs like UConn, etc. have to eat such a huge cost on tickets.

I think our crowd might be larger if we're playing FSU, but I think 6-8k is max.

Didn't we take over 10K to Tallahhassee? If we can't get over 10K to our first BCS bowl game ever, and it's within driving distance, we need to just go ahead and switch conferences with UCF now ... but I think you're vastly underestimating that number, though.

• Content Count:  10,565

I worded that wrong. I meant 6-8K max if we're not playing FSU.

I do agree that the prices are going to keep some people away.

• Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

First BCS bowl game AND within driving distance, I feel many will go.  Regardless of the price, many will find a way to go.

Guest nybullsfan

I'll buy 2, whether I use them or not. Through the school. Anybody who buys from Stubhub rather than the school is a traitor, IMO.

Whether you like the system or not, your school is a part of it. It hurts your school for you to go watch them on a scalped ticket.

If you love your school, buy the bowl tickets from the school.

12K+ BTW

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't we take over 10K to Tallahhassee? If we can't get over 10K to our first BCS bowl game ever, and it's within driving distance, we need to just go ahead and switch conferences with UCF now ... but I think you're vastly underestimating that number, though.

I think USF sold 12K tickets to Tally, but many thought another 3-5K were disbursed in other areas of the stadium.  I think we would sell out a 12K allotment to the Orange Bowl. 

Archived