• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football Helmet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

would be interesting to know if the green helmet above was pitted against the white ones if the age of the voter would trend with each helmet.  My guess is the majority of older USF fans favor the white vs. the opposite with the green.  I'm about to turn 33, but I find the white helmets along with white unis to be absolutely boring.  It takes no imagination at all to draw up those unis and they don't lend themselves to good marketing materials either.  When I see those white helmets, all I see are Marshall and a "USF" version of the UCF unis.

I know some of you will say the green helmet above reminds you of Oregon, but hell, I'd rather have that comparison with a school backed by marketing genius than schools who probably took their designs from a local middle school drawing contest...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I love the white helmets.

• Content Count:  809

would be interesting to know if the green helmet above was pitted against the white ones if the age of the voter would trend with each helmet.  My guess is the majority of older USF fans favor the white vs. the opposite with the green.  I'm about to turn 33, but I find the white helmets along with white unis to be absolutely boring.  It takes no imagination at all to draw up those unis and they don't lend themselves to good marketing materials either.  When I see those white helmets, all I see are Marshall and a "USF" version of the UCF unis.

I know some of you will say the green helmet above reminds you of Oregon, but hell, I'd rather have that comparison with a school backed by marketing genius than schools who probably took their designs from a local middle school drawing contest...

It's a football uniform. These aren't items you find on rodeo drive.

Do you think fans at Bama or Penn State sit around and complain about their uniforms? No. Not even in the off season when there's nothing else to talk about.

• Content Count:  2,923

Woogie53, you are right, Bama fans do not complain about the uniforms, they complain about Auburn or as some call it west Georgia (listen to the Paul Finebaum show if you can).  The point is every fan base discusses, complains, and moans about something that doesn't mean a darn thing, that is why they are called fans, its the nature of the beast. 

• Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

Well I prefer the white ones over the gold, and I really like the green helmet and Im an oldie LOL

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

What's a helmet discussion without posting this.....

167829_961965875561_5018519_50267205_2748100_n.jpg

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Green is sick

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Couple points:

1) Thanks to Woogie for playing message board posting cop.  We should all "move along nothing to see here - because Alabama wouldn't talk about unis".  Hopefully he can start some threads here in May that will have some gravitas, so we can make sure we keep up with the "big boys".

2). I'm 31 and I like the white helmets.  My guess is you wouldn't see any trends- the tastes would be all over the board, but it would still be interesting to see nonetheless.

• Content Count:  1,570

This might've been mention. Just watch a documentary on the other USF.(University of San Fransico) I was blown when I saw the colors of there team. Green, White, and Gold lids. Thank God we changed the helmet color. With the name USF, being on the west coast of Florida with the name South Florida, Texas longhorn hand gesture. That's a bit much to fight off.

• Content Count:  2,523

Woogie53, you are right, Bama fans do not complain about the uniforms, they complain about Auburn or as some call it west Georgia (listen to the Paul Finebaum show if you can).  The point is every fan base discusses, complains, and moans about something that doesn't mean a darn thing, that is why they are called fans, its the nature of the beast. 

Geez bullwark.  I know what you mean.  Living in Mobile, AL, Paul takes over our sports radio station (105.5) every afternoon and the folks that call into that show with the topics they discuss make us look like Harvard.  And they ***** about EVERYTHING.

Archived