• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-DePaul Softball

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Tweet from Greg, Coach E, forced to sit out 1st game of BE tourney (NCAA Mandate). Also, BE has concluded its review, no further comments from USF.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Tweet from Greg, Coach E, forced to sit out 1st game of BE tourney (NCAA Mandate). Also, BE has concluded its review, no further comments from USF.

Translation?  I was DEAD ON.  He may be a great coach, but this was a DUMB MOVE.  Glad to see the BE reduced the penalty he SHOULD'VE gotten to one game.  Being on the rules committee, that was a pretty dumb decision.  Pulling them off when it should cost you the first TWO games of the postseason?  For what?  Absolutely stupid move.

With that being said, hope this was a learning experience for all involved.  Suck it up and let the scoreboard do the talking.  I really like Coach E and he's earned a number of passes, but he let his emotions get the best of him.  Hopefully the girls pick him up, win this tournament and all is forgotten and we can do some damage.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Translation?  I was DEAD ON.  He may be a great coach, but this was a DUMB MOVE.  Glad to see the BE reduced the penalty he SHOULD'VE gotten to one game.  Being on the rules committee, that was a pretty dumb decision.  Pulling them off when it should cost you the first TWO games of the postseason?  For what?  Absolutely stupid move.

With that being said, hope this was a learning experience for all involved.  Suck it up and let the scoreboard do the talking.  I really like Coach E and he's earned a number of passes, but he let his emotions get the best of him.  Hopefully the girls pick him up, win this tournament and all is forgotten and we can do some damage.

Really?

Erikson was getting a one game suspension no matter what because its an NCAA rule. We're just as in the dark now as we were before hand.  For all we know the Big East held a conference call between the two coaches and worked things out, but knew the NCAA rule forced them to suspend Ken.  I want to hear what happened from an official source.

• Content Count:  2,523

If grounds existed that could be proved that the players were indeed in DANGER to the effect they had to leave the field or physically be ASSAULTED which is a CRIME, then we'd be seeing legal action or at the very least suspensions to the DePaul folks.  None of which we've seen yet. 

I too hope to hear some sort of explanation, but I wouldn't be shocked if we don't hear anything on this at all.  If nothing happens to DePaul, then that says more than any statement you'll hear out of USF.  Do you really expect USF to say anything negative about a coach with his success if it's only a single game suspension and then we can all move on?

He's a great coach and I like him, but that doesn't mean he's not human and prone to making a bone head decision.  Definitely not something I'd put him on the hot seat for or anything, but I would hope to never see ANY team from my alma mater leave the game out of fear unless it was a situation where the crowd was acting criminally.  You can't tell me that after we beaned more of their hitters than they did ours that it's not friggin embarrassing that we walk off at the mere THREAT of being hit if that's what indeed happened.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Why are you so hell bent on making assumptions when you yourself have admitted that you don't know any of the facts, weren't there and don't have a ******* clue as to what actually happened? As stated by the school, the suspension was mandated by the NCAA... The Big East hasn't done/released anthing yet.... Read what actually happened before you break your arm patting your self on the back.

• Content Count:  1,757

Because there better be a real good reason to up and quit a game. Then our coach gets a 1 game suspension. We are hearing nothing else. Tough to not be pissed.

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

As I understand it, there was a little old fashioned bean-ball going on. Tempers flare, and usually empty threats are made.

But, IF the situation did get out of hand, it would be a little late to worry about the safety of the players. Then we would have some wanting to know why he didn't see it coming and react sooner. Catch 22.

I'm sure this is not the first bean-ball game the coach has been involved in, so something had to trigger the descision.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Because there better be a real good reason to up and quit a game. Then our coach gets a 1 game suspension. We are hearing nothing else. Tough to not be pissed.

The one game suspension was probably just for walking out, nothing more, nothing less ... Hopefully, more details come out but until then, as BDYZR said, CKE has been around the block a time or two so we've got to assume the situation was somehow out of the norm.

• Content Count:  1,757

Heard nothing but positives about Erikson. They said BE had reviewed and they werent sure if anything would happen. Just seems odd if the BE does nothing. What the hell happened?

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

BE did do something... they cut back the required suspension.

Archived