• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-DePaul Softball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Whoa. UConn did not beat ND. They announced that they had in Chicago leading to much rejoicing by the DePaul players. Oops. That sets up ND-USF for 2nd round instead of DeP-USF.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  6,981
  • Days Won:  12

wow... good luck to the ladies rest of the season. if that story is true, shame on depaul and props to Ken for walking away

USF cites player safety for walking off, but no details. Looking more like this is what indeed happened and not officiating.

• Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

This is definitely one of the stranger stories that I have heard. GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Looks like V5 has jumped on it.

If its true that they were intentionally hitting batters....#BOOT_DEPAUL

I've read somewhere someone questioning field conditions. Definitely NOT the problem. Clear, sunny, 60 degrees. Field in excellent shape. "Patient safety" : threat of rough-stuff.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

From what I gather from the posts, a DePaul coach threatened to have his pitcher hit our 3rd baseman?  wow.

Wow, some fighting words from DePaul's Coach Lenti on the "Depaulia" website (sorry, no link - I'm not too good with these things).  He says they were in control and our being outplayed had a lot to do with the forfeit.  Also, that we act tough, but aren't, because we haven't done much of anything in the past few years.  We did at least cost them the reg-season title in 2011.

He's not exactly taking the high road on this.  Of the hit-batswomen on Saturday, only one could maybe be construed as suspicious (our pitcher seemed frustrated and hit a Demon batter) -- all the rest, on both sides, appeared to be from the sloppy weather.

Oh, and in my last post, should've said "player safety" not "patient safety," though I'm off this weekend, still have work on my mind.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Wow, some fighting words from DePaul's Coach Lenti on the "Depaulia" website (sorry, no link - I'm not too good with these things).  He says they were in control and our being outplayed had a lot to do with the forfeit.  Also, that we act tough, but aren't, because we haven't done much of anything in the past few years.  We did at least cost them the reg-season title in 2011.

He's not exactly taking the high road on this.  Of the hit-batswomen on Saturday, only one could maybe be construed as suspicious (our pitcher seemed frustrated and hit a Demon batter) -- all the rest, on both sides, appeared to be from the sloppy weather.

Oh, and in my last post, should've said "player safety" not "patient safety," though I'm off this weekend, still have work on my mind.

Gotcha covered Doc.

http://www.depauliaonline.com/sports/usf-forfeit-gives-depaul-1-0-season-ending-win-1.2224627

"We were in control and outplaying them and I think that had a big thing to do with it."
"Today we had a good start and we were ready to get some more, and then they left."
"They try to think they're tough, but you're tough if you win," Lenti stated. "You're not tough if you don't do anything. They haven't accomplished much the last couple of years."

I'll take Coach Erikson everyday over this d-bag. Good to see our team and athletic department keeping things quite till the conference can sort it out, while DePaul seems to want to fan the flames and take a few cheap shots.

#Boot_DePaul

Thanks, outrunner!

If something was said along the third-base line, the only other person who might have heard it would be the DePaul base-runner on the bag.  Hope she's a senior...

Should we win 2 in L'Ville and face Lenti again in the finals, do we pull our girls off after the national anthem in front of the ESPN2 cameras?

Archived