• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-DePaul Softball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

This is why its really hard to watch women's sports, outside perhaps vb and soccer. You hit some batters, you get hit back. And if you run off the field crying because someone says they are going to hit you, maybe you aren't mentally tough enough to play D1 sports in the first place.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523

Tweet from Greg, Coach E, forced to sit out 1st game of BE tourney (NCAA Mandate). Also, BE has concluded its review, no further comments from USF.

Translation?  I was DEAD ON.  He may be a great coach, but this was a DUMB MOVE.  Glad to see the BE reduced the penalty he SHOULD'VE gotten to one game.  Being on the rules committee, that was a pretty dumb decision.  Pulling them off when it should cost you the first TWO games of the postseason?  For what?  Absolutely stupid move.

With that being said, hope this was a learning experience for all involved.  Suck it up and let the scoreboard do the talking.  I really like Coach E and he's earned a number of passes, but he let his emotions get the best of him.  Hopefully the girls pick him up, win this tournament and all is forgotten and we can do some damage.

Why are you so hell bent on making assumptions when you yourself have admitted that you don't know any of the facts, weren't there and don't have a ******* clue as to what actually happened? As stated by the school, the suspension was mandated by the NCAA... The Big East hasn't done/released anthing yet.... Read what actually happened before you break your arm patting your self on the back.

lol  Are you really that pissed about a theory on a message board?  Geez man, you need counseling.  Don't hold your breath waiting on official word.  Though we'd all like to hear it, there's a good chance it will NEVER come.  It's already friggin embarrassing and we have an eye witness that didn't see anything from the crowd that was threatening so what else could possibly have happened that would have been so scary to take the team off the field.  If anyone should've walked off the field, wouldn't it have been DePaul if we beaned them 4 times in one game?  They didn't yet get threatened, they actually were getting hit...uhmmmm...

Hey, we're on the same team here and like I said, even if I'm right and he screwed up.  He's earned a pass, just grow a pair and don't do it again. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,757

So, did we ever get an answer. Or, I guess it is just acceptable that we quit a game? Apparently nobody else seemed to think it deserved any action or suspensions.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

So, did we ever get an answer. Or, I guess it is just acceptable that we quit a game? Apparently nobody else seemed to think it deserved any action or suspensions.

I hear that the coaches have a history with each other and that ours just caved to the annoyance from the other one. Still, I'm hearing from other players they don't blame us getting off the field.

• Content Count:  2,523

I still laugh about this.  We had already hit them 4 times in the game before and we walk off the field bc of the threat of being hit.  That's embarrassing no matter how you cut it.  Getting pegged is no big deal.  Take the hit, say thank you very much and win the game.  Don't forget, many will tell you what you want to hear in this situation.  Do you really think they'd laugh in your face?

I hear that the coaches have a history with each other and that ours just caved to the annoyance from the other one. Still, I'm hearing from other players they don't blame us getting off the field.

If true, thats still ridiculous. Hurt us in seeding and then we go out first game in BE tourny. Dumb

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I still laugh about this.  We had already hit them 4 times in the game before and we walk off the field bc of the threat of being hit.  That's embarrassing no matter how you cut it.  Getting pegged is no big deal.  Take the hit, say thank you very much and win the game.  Don't forget, many will tell you what you want to hear in this situation.  Do you really think they'd laugh in your face?

They wouldn't laugh but they wouldn't say we're friends with a few girls on the team and know DePaul would've purposely beaned your girls whereas you beaned theirs because of poor weather.

Overall, tempers and egos flared and we left the field under the guise of player safety.

They wouldn't laugh but they wouldn't say we're friends with a few girls on the team and know DePaul would've purposely beaned your girls whereas you beaned theirs because of poor weather.

Overall, tempers and egos flared and we left the field under the guise of player safety.

Great lesson for the girls. If you are scared or intimidated, dont face it, get on the plane and go home.

Archived