• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-DePaul Softball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Play resumes. Sara back on the mound. With UL being swept, we can't fall lower than 4th.  A win clinches at least 3rd.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

With a win or Syracuse loss today, the Bulls will clinch the third seed in the BIG EAST Tournament. If the Bulls lose and Syracuse beats Louisville, then the Bulls will be the four seed in the BIG EAST Tournament.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what happened to the softball program

Much nicer weather today at Cacciatore Stadium.  They had the stadium dedication yesterday -- which we got to ruin for them.  The miserable weather that followed chased away most of the fans, so very few got to see our mercy rule loss in Game 2.

Nice throw from RF but just missed the tag at home.  DePaul scores, 1-0 after 1.  Sara pitching again today.

Strange stuff here.  It looks like we just forfeited the game.  DePaul's coach was accused of threatening to have their pitcher hit one of our girls.  Ken then pulled our players off the field, packed our stuff, and walked off.  Top 2nd.  Game over.  Unbelievable.

They announced that UConn beat ND.  I guess our walking out just stuck it to Irish.  They can't be too happy with us.  Any updates from UL-Cuse?

• Content Count:  208

Strange stuff here.  It looks like we just forfeited the game.  DePaul's coach was accused of threatening to have their pitcher hit one of our girls.  Ken then pulled our players off the field, packed our stuff, and walked off.  Top 2nd.  Game over.  Unbelievable.

Seriously? That is a such a weird way for a game to end. I am very intrigued to see Ken's post game interview to see what he said about the whole situation. Does not sound like something he would do...

Top2, Richardson on, steals 2nd but Medina called out for interference.  Ken isn't happy and goes at it with homeplate ump.  At the end of the inning, they go at it again, Ken slamming down a bat and gets warned.

Bot2, 2 outs. Depaul with several runners on. All of a sudden,  our third basegirl comes off crying. I missed that as I was watching Coach Lenti jaw at the ump from the 3rd base box.  One of our asst coaches storms out of the dugout ready to crush one of the Depaul assistants who is shouting stuff at our dugout.  Things quiet down, our girls pack up and leave.

Later I overheard Lenti defending himself to the umps with "I never would f'ing say that I would hit her next inning..." or something like that.  During the Senior Day festivities later, Lenti said something like Ken was still upset about yesterday's issues with the sub/flex confusion thar caused a long delay during our protest.  Either way, I don't know what was said, or if it had more to do with the officiating.  UL lost so we get the 4 seed and play the Cards in round one (maybe DePaul in round two if they get past PC - who actually beat them once already).

• Content Count:  4,879

I'll go with the 'Olympic team coach' until I see evidence to tell me otherwise.

Archived