• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tyler Cameron QB Jupiter HS, Jupiter, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Doesn't matter. He can't recruit a QB to save his life. How in hell do you lose a Florida guy to Wake Forest.

Cameron wasn't that great anyway, played against awful teams in high school and put up average stats.

Hopefully Skip has another target, but this OL get could be big if he pans out.

Who'd they lose? and why?

Our 4*/3* (depends on who you ask) switched to Wake Forest.

This kid was nothing special anyways skip better have a plan B. Preferably a guy who has proven he win against his states best comp. Anything less is a waste of time.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

i think Skip & staff are solid recruiters, but blowing the Brion Carnes recruitment was epic fail. Tyler Cameron is an afterthought in comparison.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Doesn't matter. He can't recruit a QB to save his life. How in hell do you lose a Florida guy to Wake Forest.

Cameron wasn't that great anyway, played against awful teams in high school and put up average stats.

Hopefully Skip has another target, but this OL get could be big if he pans out.

What I don't get is why go to Wake Forest? They have 8 qbs on their roster and none of them are seniors. Whereas here he would sit out one year and pretty much be guaranteed the job. Must be the BE issue.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Some kids are always looking for the "best" offer, which is their right. Staff does not have a great plan B IMO.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Some kids are always looking for the "best" offer, which is their right. Staff does not have a great plan B IMO.

Do you know what the plan B is?

Do you know that the staff was still recruiting Cameron? I hope someone can split these into the appropriate threads in the prospect forum.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

It looks like Trent Norvell, a Marshall commit, is plan B.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Based on his quotes, I believe the coaching staff was quietly backing away. Hopefully that means we have one or two others in the crosshairs.

Hilarious....you actually think that we would back away from a kid like this after the season we had? I'm sure that the top QB's in the nation are reconsidering now that WE have an opening. This boiled down to we aren't very good and our conference is anything but stable. Can't blame him for WAKEing up and looking for other opportunities.

Wish him well

And who are you?

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Based on his quotes, I believe the coaching staff was quietly backing away. Hopefully that means we have one or two others in the crosshairs.

Hilarious....you actually think that we would back away from a kid like this after the season we had? I'm sure that the top QB's in the nation are reconsidering now that WE have an opening. This boiled down to we aren't very good and our conference is anything but stable. Can't blame him for WAKEing up and looking for other opportunities.

Wish him well

Yes, he had a worse season than we did. Glad that he decommitted. Don't wish him ill but he wasn't the answer to OUR prayers.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Wish him well

Yes, he had a worse season than we did. Glad that he decommitted. Don't wish him ill but he wasn't the answer to OUR prayers.

And by the way, we're not a fan of the run first, second, third, and then throw QB any more. Right? We had that with Julmiste, Grothe, and BJ. They're recruiting weapons. We need a QB that can get the ball to guys like Griffin, Dunkley, Davis, Gonzales, Welch, and hopefully Price and D'vo.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

i think Skip & staff are solid recruiters, but blowing the Brion Carnes recruitment was epic fail. Tyler Cameron is an afterthought in comparison.

I don't think they blew that one. The kid wasn't coming here and he was playing around with us. At some point you need to move on and recruit guys that want to be here.

Archived