• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Warning: Scam against older men like us (PG-13)

Grateful Dad

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc.  This is the first warning I have seen for men.  I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it.

A "Heads Up" for those men who may be regular customers at Lowe's, Home Depot, Costco, or even Wal-Mart.  This one caught me totally by surprise.

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping.  Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic.  Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.  Here is how the scam works:

Two nice looking, college aged girls will come over to your car or truck as you are packing your purchases into your vehicle.  They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts (it's impossible not to look).  When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say "No" but instead ask for a ride to McDonald's.

You agree and they climb into the vehicle.  On the way, they start undressing.  Then one of them starts crawling all over you while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen March 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th, and 29th.  Also, April 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 27th, and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.  What a horrible way to take advantage of us older men.  Warn your friends to be vigilant.  Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for $2.99 each.  I found even cheaper ones for $.99 at the dollar store and bought them out in three of their stores.  Also, you never do get to eat at McDonald's.  I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth to Lowe's, to Home Depot, to Costco, etc.

Please send this on to all the older men that you know and warn them to be on the lookout for this scam.  (The best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Dude, did you fly on a Spectre? A former co workers husband, helped develop that airplane....trying to remmeber his name. He was a colonel...and he invited us to his retirement ceremony.....where we were able to tour a Spectre.....which was  a huge thrill for my two young sons.

Thanks

Funny joke as well!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

Dude, did you fly on a Spectre? A former co workers husband, helped develop that airplane....trying to remmeber his name. He was a colonel...and he invited us to his retirement ceremony.....where we were able to tour a Spectre.....which was  a huge thrill for my two young sons.

Thanks

Yes, I was a Crew Chief on 69-6575 from 1975-1979 stationed at Hurlburt Field up in Fort Walton Beach.  Great airplanes if you are one of the "good guys".  The bad guys have a different opinion...

It got me a lot of free beers from the army and marines when they found out what I worked on.  They liked having one over them when it hit the fan.

Wow, thank you for your  service. My co workers husband won an Air  Force award ( McCormick Trophy..does that sound right)...I think for developing the plane....I know that he was on the first one in to Panama to get Noriega. He spoke of how they would find the target...and just circle around if pounding the daylights out of it. The balance technology to have that cannon in a flying plane is staggering.

Thanks again for your service. My oldest is about to graduate from UCF as a Industrial Engineer, and is weighing his armed forces  career options. He really wants to fly.

One last thing, during thr retirement ceremony, a Spectre crew stood up in the back...got everyones attentions and said in unison at volume 10, "If you anit a Spectre, you aint SH_T.The crowd erupted..my two young boys had really wide eyes!

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

SWEET JOKE AND DITTO ON THE GRATITUDE FOR YOUR SERVICE!

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

SWEET JOKE AND DITTO ON THE GRATITUDE FOR YOUR SERVICE!

+100

;D

Archived