• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basebulls lose to Bethune 4-3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Actually the bats are A LOT different this year than in past. More like wood with not as large of a sweet spot.

Softball has not won a Regional game since 2006(doubt they will end up there this year) . EC was fired for the same reason. Not advancing or winning regional games. Same crappy facilities as well. Everyone should be held to the same standards @ USF is all I am saying.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523

They are different than last year or recent years past where they were INSANELY HOT, but they are LIGHT YEARS hotter than what they used to be and nothing like a wood bat.  Have you actually swung a wood bat and these bats yourself?  I used to use a 32/28 Louisville TPX back in a day (1995-1996) the last I played baseball and I would KILL for the "legal" bats they are allowing this season.  I still play tourney softball and have a kid in little league where all these bats are basically the same and the bats they banned were dangerous.  I could take a demarini FX series bat and be an occasional HR hitter, yet pick up the same length bat in one of the "banned" series and instantly become a HR force.  I've had my 7 year old swing all of them while trying to fit him and without a doubt, those banned ones are way too hot.  Even the legal ones (we got him a Demarini Voo Doo black) is an insanely hot bat compared to the type of bats we used to swing with.  The dang thing is a "drop 13" in addition to a superior performing barrell compared to the "regular" bats we used to use.

Other college teams are using the same bats our guys are and they aren't having any trouble putting up runs.  When you have guys hitting less than .250 in college, it's not the bats.  Sure, HR totals should drop, but not averages.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Really bad start

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Our pitching is keeping us in games. Its our lack of hitting, and timely hitting, that is killing is.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we need to turn the corner in next two years

• Content Count:  959

In college with these bats, it doesn't take much to generate runs if you can make contact and run the bases with any sort of sense...  

The new bats are nowhere near the same as the old ones. Did not say they were the same as wood, just more comparable. Smaller sweet spots. The mid 90's bats were hotter than these by far. Swung it all actually.  We are not hitting well enough either way.    

• Content Count:  1,412

In college with these bats, it doesn't take much to generate runs if you can make contact and run the bases with any sort of sense...  

The new bats are nowhere near the same as the old ones. Did not say they were the same as wood, just more comparable. Smaller sweet spots. The mid 90's bats were hotter than these by far. Swung it all actually.  We are not hitting well enough either way.    

You didn't swing the wood bat!  Mendoza and you were on first name basis with the braves!  :D

I know how to hit a wooden bat!  Unfortunately I was paid not too!  They seemed just as sweet as the aluminum to me!  :'(

• Content Count:  574

I agree with the baseball team being a HUGE disappointment and Prado needing to be on the hot seat.  But, you can't group Elon into FGCU, BC, and Evansville.  Elon is a very good baseball program.  They almost always make it to the regionals in for the College World Series.  Elon is an elite academic university and one of the 10 most beautiful campuses in America.  They have a nice, new stadium too to use as a recruiting tool and NC is a hotbed for baseball talent.

My wife is an Elon alum, so I am mandated to defend them.  ;D  But, its true.  I was actually impressed with how close we played them in that opening series.  They are a very good program.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The baseball program in my opinion has moved backwards and I have been disappointed with Prado since he arrived at USF.  This program should be one of the best in the Big East.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with the baseball team being a HUGE disappointment and Prado needing to be on the hot seat.  But, you can't group Elon into FGCU, BC, and Evansville.  Elon is a very good baseball program.  They almost always make it to the regionals in for the College World Series.  Elon is an elite academic university and one of the 10 most beautiful campuses in America.  They have a nice, new stadium too to use as a recruiting tool and NC is a hotbed for baseball talent.

My wife is an Elon alum, so I am mandated to defend them.   ;D  But, its true.  I was actually impressed with how close we played them in that opening series.  They are a very good program.

Far enough... Elon is better then FGCU, BC, and Evansville... after reading up on them I was surprised that we selected to play them to open up our stadium. They should had scheduled Saint Leo or UT for the sure and easy win to ring in the new field.

Archived