• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basebulls lose to Bethune 4-3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

First game of 4.

I dont want excuses we should not be losing games to Evansville and Bethune.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

i thought we were gonna pull it off again after that solo homer with 2 outs in the 9th, but it was too little too late

• Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

A major university in the state of Florida should not have such a poor baseball team. Losing to teams such as Bethune-Cookman, Evansville, and others is inexcusable. I thought Coach Prado was brought here to win. We are terrible. To be below .500 is ridiculous.

• Content Count:  2,523

That's painful...I wasn't planning on us beating UF or anything, but I was hoping that getting blown out by them wasn't a sign that we're worse than I thought and we still had a chance to win the Big East.  However, losing to these teams, I don't see any way we could possibly win the Big East and especially after watching our strength (pitching) basically evaporate before the season even gets going.  Seriously, I've seen high school lineups with more pop than this lineup.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Yeah, the coaching chair is starting to get a little warm.  No excuse for a D-1 program located in Florida (let alone Tampa Bay) should be struggling this badly or not be above .500. 

Guest USFbull2012

Yeah, the coaching chair is starting to get a little warm.  No excuse for a D-1 program located in Florida (let alone Tampa Bay) should be struggling this badly or not be above .500. 

He needs to be let go end of story. You have basketball coaches making it to the Elite 8, and then getting fired two seasons later. He has done nothing even close to an equivalent of and elite 8 in Baseball here. Time to head in a new direction, unless this season by the grace of god turns around.

• Content Count:  1,390

Well, his contracts up after this season. Let's just hope we either turn it around, or Woolard decides to not extend his contract.

I really would love to see Prado successful at USF. The guys a fixture in Tampa Baseball... played back in the day, won titles at U of Tampa....he just hasn't given us much reason to have a lot of faith in him. I'm behind him for now, but as the seasons keep slipping away it's hard to remain enthusiastic about his efforts.

The season's not over yet, let's hope we can get the ship righted.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Might be a bit harsh to let him go without really having the benefit of the new facilities for a year or two.  Would you have come to USF to play ball in that glorified high school stadium we had last year?

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Might be a bit harsh to let him go without really having the benefit of the new facilities for a year or two.  Would you have come to USF to play ball in that glorified high school stadium we had last year?

He still should have out recruited BCC, Evansville and Elon.  No?

So he beats UM and UCF.  Does he have a hard time getting this team up for games they should win? 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Eddie won without the benefit of better facilites.

Archived