• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comments about DOJO last ngiht

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

First, congrats on the win last night, I am soooo happy I stayed on the game, turned on at half and almost left... haha

However, thought the comments about just how different our season would have been had Dominique Jones stayed for his senior year. 

The commentators stating how much better we probably would have been with him on the court with the team we have now.  Oh well, we will never know, and he will never know what he could have been had he matured another year in the BE rather than jumping early..

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You'd have a good ball handler, a guy who can create his own shot, or a shot for another player, a good defender, etc.

We sorely missed DoJo this season. No doubt in my mind that we'd have closer to 20 wins right now.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

i honestly believed we could be a sweet 16 with him

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I think the team also misses the consistent PG play we got from Howard last year.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

As much as DoJo was a great player (arguably the best to wear a Bulls uniform), I believe that DoJo was never invested nor cared about USF. He was here to get his ticket to the NBA and was taking it the first chance he got.  No use in speculating about something that was almost never going to happen.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

As much as DoJo was a great player (arguably the best to wear a Bulls uniform), I believe that DoJo was never invested nor cared about USF. He was here to get his ticket to the NBA and was taking it the first chance he got.  No use in speculating about something that was almost never going to happen.

I've never gotten that vibe from him.

Dojo made a good personal decision to leave. If he gotten this injury while still in college there's no way he's a first round pick. No guarantee he would be a first round pick even if he played through the entire year and had similar numbers. If you jump to the NBA and get first round pick and the guaranteed money that goes along with it, you made the right choice.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

The team uses its players to get what they want ie wins tourneys, why is not ok for the player to use the team to get what they want be it education or a shot at the NBA.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

As much as DoJo was a great player (arguably the best to wear a Bulls uniform), I believe that DoJo was never invested nor cared about USF. He was here to get his ticket to the NBA and was taking it the first chance he got.

I think if that were the case he wouldn't have even bothered to come back for a game ... He did what he thought was best for him and his family and I find it difficult to fault the guy for it.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

As much as DoJo was a great player (arguably the best to wear a Bulls uniform), I believe that DoJo was never invested nor cared about USF. He was here to get his ticket to the NBA and was taking it the first chance he got.

I think if that were the case he wouldn't have even bothered to come back for a game ... He did what he thought was best for him and his family and I find it difficult to fault the guy for it.

I don't blame him for what he did. I'm just believe more in the philosophy that the name on the front should be greater then the name on the back.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I don't blame him for what he did. I'm just believe more in the philosophy that the name on the front should be greater then the name on the back.

And, there's nothing to say he doesn't believe that's the case either.

Sure, dude thinks he's a great player - and he was for us, we'll see if it translates in the NBA. Nonetheless, you can still think you're great and love your team. I haven't seen anything from Dojo that says he believes he was bigger than the team or any other non-sense you're trying to insinuate.

Archived