• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Dome Renovation Thread

Are there any updated renderings of what it will look like when completed?

Doubtful... according to the USF Facilities Planning site... as of the end of January the contract with the architect had not been finalized.  Same with the construction manager.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I heard Woolard in an interview on Thursday and he did not say anything about renovations to the dome starting any time soon.  He did say they were still trying to fund the project.  From his tone it sounded like the project was at least another year away.  I concluded this because he laid exact times that the soccer stadium and basketball pratice facility would be finished but never mentioned any specifics for when the dome project would start.

If you mean starting time I highly doubt it.

I'm set to graduate next semester and they have already informed us (and those graduating this semester) that the ceremonies will be changed to another location due to the SunDome construction

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

They are waiting for final approval from Tallahassee, and then will start demolition the next day. Should happen later this month according to Bill McGillis

Okay, I'll ask the question....

This project was announced in November with the anticipation of starting right after the last basketball game.  Why do we not already have approval from the State?

No. November they announced they were preparing for the project. Everything up to this point has been discussion, designing, preparations, costs; everything needed to pitch it to the board and state.

This is why I haven't been getting that hyped up yet .... there has been no, what I would call, formal/official announcements about this project yet ... The USF and high school graduations relocations appear to be a better safe than sorry move ... and I'll really be pissed if there's no work being done because it really screwed up King's graduation.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

With experience of the past, it will be longer than you would think to get it started. USF takes forever. Im sure it's not their fault. I remember LAST spring when they had the opening event for construction, i remember thinking they would be getting started on the basketball practice facility during spring break. Nope. It was several months later.

• Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  0

The same company built the new School of Music, a couple weeks ago when we were moving the HOT offices from LIF to the new building they had renderings on the wall with the seating, outside grounds, and what looked like concession layout... Not sure if I can post the pics, but it looks pretty promising.

• Content Count:  1,524

The same company built the new School of Music, a couple weeks ago when we were moving the HOT offices from LIF to the new building they had renderings on the wall with the seating, outside grounds, and what looked like concession layout... Not sure if I can post the pics, but it looks pretty promising.

Yeahhhh....your going to need to go ahead and post those. Or a least give me a better description of what you saw  >:D

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Slightly blurry, but enough to get the rumor mill churning.

And where are these plans located?

• Content Count:  9,038

Slightly blurry, but enough to get the rumor mill churning.

And where are these plans located?

Didn't you see where he said "shhh"?!?!  It's sooper-secret!!!

Archived