• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auman speculates USF-Miami game will be moved up in 12' & 13'

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This is horrible. Thanksgiving is a prime weekend for out of town Bulls to come catch a home game.

But only every other year...

In this discussion, 2013 is the only year that matters for USF, as 2012 will be in Miami.  Then the series is over.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

We'll have to wait for the schedules, but it's not like we were told that we wouldn't have a home game those weekends.  It just won't be with UM.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Somehow I think the number of students and alumni leaving town that weekend is greater than the number of out of towners coming back in. Plus, then they have to be into USF football and take time from visiting their families to go to a football game while out of town....when they could just watch the game on TV at Grandma's house. Not saying it doesn't happen but I'd bet the number of people that would fit in that category would be less than say.....500....250 maybe. 

Making up statistics? 

Sure....the federal government does it everyday, so does Wall Street......I figure.....this is a message board.....why not?

• Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

Somehow I think the number of students and alumni leaving town that weekend is greater than the number of out of towners coming back in. Plus, then they have to be into USF football and take time from visiting their families to go to a football game while out of town....when they could just watch the game on TV at Grandma's house. Not saying it doesn't happen but I'd bet the number of people that would fit in that category would be less than say.....500....250 maybe. 

Making up statistics? 

Sure....the federal government does it everyday, so does Wall Street......I figure.....this is a message board.....why not?

A wise cartoon father once said

"Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that."

;D

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Making up statistics? 

it's called a guesstimate  ;)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

74% of all statistics are made up.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

This is horrible. Thanksgiving is a prime weekend for out of town Bulls to come catch a home game.

But only every other year...

In this discussion, 2013 is the only year that matters for USF, as 2012 will be in Miami.  Then the series is over.

That's also what I've always believed but, as was noted in another thread the other day, the USF athletic site seems to haveh us playing at Miami in 2012 AND 2013. I presume that is just a clerical error, because in 2013 Miami is written in caps which would indicate that it's really a home game:

2012 Schedule   

Sept. 22 at Ball State Muncie, Ind.

Sept. 29 FLORIDA STATE TAMPA

Nov. 24  at Miami Miami, Fla.

2013 Schedule   

Sept. 7 at Michigan State East Lansing, Mich.

Sept. 14   FLORIDA ATLANTIC TAMPA

Nov. 30  MIAMI Miami, Fla.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&KEY=&ATCLID=611637&SPID=2981&SPSID=60910

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

I agree that its probably a really low number of people actually travelling in for that game, but, i am potentially one of them. So im pissed  ;)

And as a statistician i can safely say that only 65%, +\- 3 standard deviations of stats are made up.  ;D

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

rican that's awesome

Archived