• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auman speculates USF-Miami game will be moved up in 12' & 13'

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Whatever....sounds good to me....I just hope the honor the whole deal and don't back out of 2013.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/football-notes-usf-miami-injuries-ex-coaches

When USF put out news Monday that this fall's home game against Miami had been moved up a week to Nov. 19 at the Big East's request, the Bulls said the move wasn't indicative of anything beyond this year's schedule.

But the reason for the schedule shift is because the Big East wants to have the final two weekends of the regular season available for conference games without interference from other games. It seems unlikely that preference will change soon, which makes it logical then that the final two games of the USF-Miami series, once touted as a Thanksgiving-week state rivalry game alongside Florida-Florida State, might be permanently moved from the holiday weekends in 2012 and 2013.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Since the series wasn't going to be renewed anyway, may as well move it to a weekend when you can possibly get more students in the stadium ...

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

This is horrible. Thanksgiving is a prime weekend for out of town Bulls to come catch a home game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

This is horrible. Thanksgiving is a prime weekend for out of town Bulls to come catch a home game.

That's an angle I hadn't thought of ...

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Somehow I think the number of students and alumni leaving town that weekend is greater than the number of out of towners coming back in. Plus, then they have to be into USF football and take time from visiting their families to go to a football game while out of town....when they could just watch the game on TV at Grandma's house. Not saying it doesn't happen but I'd bet the number of people that would fit in that category would be less than say.....500....250 maybe. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

That's an angle I hadn't thought of ...

Conversely, it is a weekend where many students are not around and many fans are traveling out of the area.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Sorry Brown Bull, I posted at the same time you did I guess.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

But only every other year...

• Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

Somehow I think the number of students and alumni leaving town that weekend is greater than the number of out of towners coming back in. Plus, then they have to be into USF football and take time from visiting their families to go to a football game while out of town....when they could just watch the game on TV at Grandma's house. Not saying it doesn't happen but I'd bet the number of people that would fit in that category would be less than say.....500....250 maybe. 

Making up statistics? 

Archived