• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sam Grooms

bcgruber

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Within the last week, North Carolina, Louisville, Oklahoma State, Kansas and others have joined the fray and plan to visit next week while Houston was in on Thursday while Tennessee State and South Florida (where he signed out of high school) have been a constant presence.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been on him from the begining hopefully he returns the loyalty.  Maybe this is why we were not after Larkin as much.  If we sign him I would take him over LArkin.  IF Kansas, UNC, and L'ville are after him he must be better then someone who signs with Depaul.  I'm sure the detractors will say but he is a JUCO we need to sign Florida HS players.  I just want kids that can play who cares where they are from

• Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

I don't recall us signing a Sam Grooms.  Are you sure they didn't say he originally signed with USF (San Francisco)?

• Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

I don't recall us signing a Sam Grooms.  Are you sure they didn't say he originally signed with USF (San Francisco)?

"Sam Grooms, a 6-foot-2, 205-pound point guard from Greensboro, N.C. Grooms, who signed with South Florida out of high school two years ago, has seen his recruitment pick up recently as both Louisville and North Carolina have called to express interest."

-Per Scout-

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,655
  • Days Won:  424

"Sam Grooms, a 6-foot-2, 205-pound point guard from Greensboro, N.C. Grooms, who signed with South Florida out of high school two years ago, has seen his recruitment pick up recently as both Louisville and North Carolina have called to express interest."

-Per Scout-

Unless it was a double secret signing, that's not true. Rivals and ESPN show nothing on him back then and all Scout itself said was that we were an Interest, http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=11&cfg=bb&sFirstName=&sLastName=grooms&yr=2009 .... and with all the whining about focus on hoops recruiting the last few years, I'm sure a point guard, especially, signing but not getting here would have rung some bells.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

GA has a note on him.

MORE RECRUITING: Stan Heath used both of his available scholarships on post players in the early signing period, but he's still busy recruiting, which means he's anticipating at least one scholarship player not returning to the team next season. One top target is Sam Grooms, a point guard at Chipola College in the Panhandle who has a scholarship offer from Heath and said this week that he's "very interested." Grooms also has North Carolina among his suitors, but Heath went to see Chipola play in person Monday night. "They rank high on my list," Grooms said.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/holtz-front-recruits-about-possible-grayshirts

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Come to USF Sam.

Looks like a great pick up. Hope he sees the loyalty we have given him and he returns the favor.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,655
  • Days Won:  424

Wonder who we might lose, but this guy sounds like exactly what we need.

If anybody goes, I woudn't mind it being Burwell or Haynes ...

Archived