• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sam Grooms

bcgruber

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Yes the transition is hard but I just don't see it with him.  He is slow and doesn't handle the ball all that well.  I might be wrong, but I'd take my chances with these newer guys after what I have seen this far.

I thought the same of Chris Howard, and he actually turned it on his senior year. Granted, this was after two key injuries. I think Dority will provide decent depth off the bench. Hayes and Burwell look to be on the outs.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

For u basketball guys, Nature Coast beat Wiregrass last night 70-56! Bergantino had 20 points 10 rebounds and a block.

Nature Coast starts 4 juniors by the way! Wiregrass' top 7 were all seniors! We host Leesburg this Saturday night at 7 next for the Elite 8. Come check it out if u r in the area! It's always a good environment! Wiregrass was packed last night..

http://www2.hernandotoday.com/content/2011/feb/23/time-no-bull/areasports/

• Content Count:  247

For u basketball guys, Nature Coast beat Wiregrass last night 70-56! Bergantino had 20 points 10 rebounds and a block.

Nature Coast starts 4 juniors by the way! Wiregrass' top 7 were all seniors! We host Leesburg this Saturday night at 7 next for the Elite 8. Come check it out if u r in the area! It's always a good environment! Wiregrass was packed last night..

http://www2.hernandotoday.com/content/2011/feb/23/time-no-bull/areasports/

shark do you think Stan is going to be able to reel in Tyler or do you think he ends up elsewhere( I think you said he is real high on Georgia southern or someone like that)

I don't know.. doesn't look good. They need to get him down there to see what they are building.

Here is a highlight and interview done by BHSN last night.

http://www.baynews9.com/sports/video?clip=http://static.baynews9.com/newsvideo/bhsn/highschool/nature_coast_wiregrass_ranch.f4v

And Brooke Bennett did this article too.

BROOKSVILLE --  You can't miss Nature Coast junior center Tyler Bergantino, flying up and down the hardwood with long flowing, blonde, curly hair.

But don't let the hair soften you up. This young man has got some serious talent and a good head on his shoulders, already catching the eyes of the ACC, SEC and Big Ten.

The influx of calls and visits from division one schools grows bigger as the weeks pass.

The schools showing the most interest and catching his attention early are Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and Georgia Southern.

"I am keeping options wide open," Bergantino said. "There is still a lot I need to do here (Nature Coast)."

The Sharks win Tuesday night over Wiregrass Ranch advances them to the Regional Finals on Saturday night against Leesburg.

"He is the focal point of our offense, but is a team player." Head Coach David Pisarcik said. "Every team we face, they want to eliminate Tyler, but he always finds a way to get the ball."

Following this season, Bergantino will gear up for AAU this summer and will take a few unofficial visits.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/sports/2011/february/211124/Basketball-Recruiting:-Nature-Coasts-Junior-Tyler-Bergantino

If Stan Heath is expected to follow his usual modus operandi, I don't expect him to even look at Tyler. Other than Toralyn (who fell in his lap) and Noreiga (from North Port), I can't think of any other player that Heath has recruited and obtained a commit from within this general area (Tampa Bay and then some) out of high school.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

If Stan Heath is expected to follow his usual modus operandi, I don't expect him to even look at Tyler. Other than Toralyn (who fell in his lap) and Noreiga (from North Port), I can't think of any other player that Heath has recruited and obtained a commit from within this general area (Tampa Bay and then some) out of high school.

To quote a lovable ex-coach, "kids don't grow up dreaming to be a Bull" .... He's got a better chance to bamboozle some kid far away to come in here and play before 3K fans than a local who reads about it after every home game. Hopefully, the new facilities will start to change that...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

To quote a lovable ex-coach, "kids don't grow up dreaming to be a Bull" .... He's got a better chance to bamboozle some kid far away to come in here and play before 3K fans than a local who reads about it after every home game. Hopefully, the new facilities will start to change that...

Everybody should already know that Heath will attempt to recruit every 4 and 5 star BIG man prospect from around the nation before he gives any heavy attention to a Florida guy that's not rated extremely high.  Stan's motto, go after the best of the best first then maybe sometime in the spring signing period he'll try to piece together a class with whatever is left to choose from. If Tyler wants to get seriously recruited by USF then he has to have a monster spring to sky rocket up the rankings. Also remember Heath does just about all his evaluations during the AAU months.

I thought the quote was somewhere along the lines of, "Kids grow up wanting to be a Hokie." As much as I still think Greenie is nothing but a used cars salesman playing basketball coach, he never directly stated that, "Kids don't grow up dreaming of being a Bull." His statement could only be taken as nothing more as an implicit jab at his previous gig, which was here at USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I thought the quote was somewhere along the lines of, "Kids grow up wanting to be a Hokie." As much as I still think Greenie is nothing but a used cars salesman playing basketball coach, he never directly stated that, "Kids don't grow up dreaming of being a Bull." His statement could only be taken as nothing more as an implicit jab at his previous gig, which was here at USF.

You're right .... We need paraphrase quote marks ... either way you say it, though, he was dead on ... Of course, obviously just wanting to be a Hokie isn't always enough (see Curry, Stephen). SG blew that one ... and while the used car salesman shtick didn't work in the CUSA, it appears to be doing okay in the ACC.  ;)

Real cool video our HC put together to hype up the game tonight.

7pm tipoff at Nature Coast if anyone is in the area. It should be a good one.

Archived