• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brent Schaeffer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

This past week there was an article in my local newspaper, the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, about Brent Schaeffer. The article stated that the U. of Tennessee QB will transfer after spring practice if he does not beat out Erik Ainge for starting QB next season. There was no mention as to where he may transfer. I know we were one of his final college choices out of Deerfield Beach High School along with NC State and Auburn. Hopefully, he will seriously consider making the right choice now by becoming a USF Bull.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Those 3 would be in the running again if he doesn't beat out Ainge, which he will NOT beat out Ainge.

Guest wildrover

I doubt very serisouly USF, would offer him a scholarship.  If you want to be big time you have to act it, and picking up some other program's scraps isn't Big time.  We have some promising talent at QB already coming in, if he didn't make the right decision back then tough, the ship has sailed.  USF is a better school than some two bit dreg that needs somebody elses leftovers.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I doubt very serisouly USF, would offer him a scholarship.  If you want to be big time you have to act it, and picking up some other program's scraps isn't Big time.  We have some promising talent at QB already coming in, if he didn't make the right decision back then tough, the ship has sailed.  USF is a better school than some two bit dreg that needs somebody elses leftovers.

I wouldnt exactly call Schaeffer scraps, and if Miami can suck it up and take UF's "scraps" in Brock Berlin, I dont see why USF should be above taking a transfer.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

thats one of the stupider things ive ever heard...  he showed last year in his limited playing time that he has the potential to be a big time QB AND with the trouble we had with QB since Marquel left we should take any QB that even considers us

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I disagree....

Picking up a Justin Midgett or a Justin Rascati would of been picking up other program's scraps. However, Schaffer gave USF a fair shake when he visited and kept us in his final 5. USF cannot win too many head to head battles against UT. Moreso, the only reason Schaefer lost playing time was b/c he got hurt and Ainge made the most of the opportunity.

I doubt Schaeffer would  transfer to USF, b/c one of the things that made USF appealing was the lack of ANY quality QBs on the roster. We now have Grothe on board and we may get Carlton Hill. In addition, we have PJ who we have invested a lot time in developing and is not going to just roll over. This doesn't even take C. Denson into account.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I agree. I think our QB situation will be much better after this recruiting class ends.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I doubt very serisouly USF, would offer him a scholarship.  If you want to be big time you have to act it, and picking up some other program's scraps isn't Big time.  We have some promising talent at QB already coming in,

Don't we only have ONE qb (Grothe) already coming in?? I'm assuming you weren't including Denson in the "promising talent at qb" comment because he is "some other program's scraps" after all ....

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

should be welcomed with open arms!

he has proven he can do it at the highest level and would be better than anything we have right now! no guarantee grote, hill or denson can or will preform at the level schaeffer already has.

the downside he will have to sit while others prove themselves and if they do well he would not be handed the job - there is a lesson there about opportunities not taken.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

I'll worry about this after OUR spring game.

Go BULLS !!!