• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brent Schaeffer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Even if he did transfer he would have to sit out a year, and only have 2 years of eligability left when he finally does get cleared to join the team.  By then we will have Matt Grothe, and hopefully Carlton Hill.  And with the way things are going next year we will land another great QB prospect.  I don't know that we would need him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

schaeffer blew it

he would have been the man all  4years

in 2 years we will have our qb

i ask again,why would 2 premium qb's go to the same school when only  one can play?

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

This would make a great story to tell to future recruits before they make the mistake Schaeffer did.  Don't waste your eligablity by getting lured to a big university and riding the bench and then come crawling back.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

suspence - he hasn't use his redshirt yet.  If he leaves Tennessee after this spring he would redshirt at the school he transfers to and still have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

i ask again,why would 2 premium qb's go to the same school when only  one can play?

I know a lot on this board say this quit often, but here we are rooting that we get Carlton Hill while we already have Matt Grothe. Almost the same situation.  And as it was mentioned before, Schaeffer might still be the man at Tenn if he hadnt gotten injured.  Cant blame him for going to a school he knew where he would get a chance to start immediately. Unfortunately for him, he may have just lost out to his competition there.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I don't blame Brent for his decision... it wasn't a bad one, just turned out badly...  

If he transferred in, he probably wouldn't have too much problem beating out Grothe, or Denson, as he is in a different level, and Hill would probably end up at receiver.  But that is a big if.  

Guest wildrover

thats one of the stupider things ive ever heard...  he showed last year in his limited playing time that he has the potential to be a big time QB AND with the trouble we had with QB since Marquel left we should take any QB that even considers us

I  doubt its one of the dumber things you've ever heard, if it is you need to get out more.  Besides you didn't hear it, you read it.  Anyway, I still stand by it.  I don't think CJL  will even take a look, we have QB's coming, and with the exception Deneson, USF, hasn't been real high on QB transfer's as of late.  I think we'll be quite content to work with the stable we've got coming in the go back after a QB who couldn't who somewhere else.   When these kids learn that going to a Bigger school filled with people at your position might not be a good choice if you really want to play I'll never know.  Berlin, like Deneson, I think is also an exception, Miami was in dire need of a QB at the time, if they had their normal stock I don't think Berlin gets a look there.  Let's not forget, there were a lot of Miami fans who were never real high on that kid anyway.  Sometimes schools will pick somebody up as a port in a storm but if they are recruiting well, there will be no need to pick somebody up who decided against you in the first place.  JMHO.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

"With the exception of Denson, USF hasn't been high on transfers as of late"

UMMM... how many transfers at QB do most schools get of the Super Prep variety?