• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCFers assessment of USF basketball

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

it is pretty pathetic wasting time for a post like this. :loser

Just for the record, before K_L comes in and starts whining like a little girl, that post was pulled out of a thread on the Main Board and moved here. You and Vega are doing a fine job on Stan and don't need any help from an outsider.  :D

Whoa clarify there champ-- I always love when you're passionate about something we all need to stand at attention and listen, but when others are then it's a rant.  To be clear vega and I (and a myriad of others however vega and I seem to be who you love to target maybe it's our passionate posts) are providing serious thought provoking discussion with regards to USF Hoops.  Our position is clear and different from yours, but it hardly makes it wrong, given the state of our hoops program under Mr. Heath anyone that is disappointed could never be labeled as wrong.

Good luck with that...as Triple D think's Heath craps sweet berries and everything is just fine during his  4th season at USF making almost $1 Million per year.

:o KL's callin'm like he sees'm...

:D ... and, as usual, he sees things through the eyes of a buffoon. 

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Living life with an incredibly small penis must be rough............

Living life with an incredibly small penis must be rough............

It has its' drawbacks but it makes wearing jeans a bit more comfortable ...

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Just for the record, before K_L comes in and starts whining like a little girl, that post was pulled out of a thread on the Main Board and moved here. You and Vega are doing a fine job on Stan and don't need any help from an outsider.  :D

Whoa clarify there champ-- I always love when you're passionate about something we all need to stand at attention and listen, but when others are then it's a rant.  To be clear vega and I (and a myriad of others however vega and I seem to be who you love to target maybe it's our passionate posts) are providing serious thought provoking discussion with regards to USF Hoops.  Our position is clear and different from yours, but it hardly makes it wrong, given the state of our hoops program under Mr. Heath anyone that is disappointed could never be labeled as wrong.

Good luck with that...as Triple D think's Heath craps sweet berries and everything is just fine during his  4th season at USF making almost $1 Million per year.

Not to shabby of a come back. :clap

Guest nybullsfan

usf basketballl has underachieved for decades

They've been around that long?  ;)

He should know - he was part of the team in the 70's. Somewhere there's even photographic proof!  ;D

Not to shabby of a come back. :clap

I think that's my one for January ...

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You are aware ol' Stan is making about 670k this year and next, right???  It won't be until the added 3 years that he makes the approximate 900k.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Not defending Heath at all here, but I don't know that we're ever going to be competitive in MBB.  We're talking about a conference where half the teams represent a third of the top 25 right now, and that's not just a one time event.

I know that we just need a couple big recruits to come and that can possibly turn this team around.  However, I simply don't see that happening unless we really pull out the major bucks and make a serious hire.  I'm tsalking doubling heath's sa;ary in order to draw in a real name in the business.

I don't see that happening, for two reasons.

First, I don't see us shelling out those kinds of dollars for MBB.

Second, this is where coaches come to destroy their career.  The big names will go elsewhere.

Unlike for most of the past 30 years, that is exactly what USF is doing today...finally spending major $$$$ on their hoop program...as they set aside a pool of $$$$ that is 4 times the cost of the Sun Dome itself to build a new basketball practice facility and to basically gut the Sun Dome.

Also, USF in the past and most likely in the future will still have plenty of $$$ for HC Salaries...as having almost $1 Million per year for a HC that routinely finishes in the bottom of the conf shows that $$$ are there for a good young coach to jump ship from a smaller program (like JU's Cliff Warren...who's salary is reportedly between $160,000-$200,000 which is 3rd highest in the ASUN).

Archived