• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Sousa DTQB Lake Nona; Orlando FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Kevin makes an Unofficial visit in FL this weekend. He has been previously committed to Wake Forest. Is he tied to Josh Grady's visit. Is Miami gonna take him to open a spot at WF for Josh?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Ohhhhh DTQB stands for Dual Threat Quarterback......that makes much more sense than Defensive Tackle/Quarterback.......I am like what is he the next Jared Lorenzen......290 lb QB??

;D

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Ohhhhh DTQB stands for Dual Threat Quarterback......that makes much more sense than Defensive Tackle/Quarterback.......I am like what is he the next Jared Lorenzen......290 lb QB??

;D

Funny  ;D

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

;D

Yea I was actually picturing Jamarcus Russel

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

;D

that's what I was thinking...  :D

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

The Skinny on Sousa is this, he says he's stills firm

commitment to Wake but he wants to make sure it's the right decision for him. So he visited Miami officially this past weekend, he said he had good visit but he didn't commit. That was also his 5th official visit, so he can not take any more official visits.  He will however take one last unoffcial visit (which means he has to pay his own way for everything) to USF, probably sometime during this week. He will then make his decision between Wake, Miami and USF.

My thinking is this, since he won't be able to get the full experience of an official at USF, I can't see it stacking up to his officials to Wake and Miami. It would have to take a truly spectacular effort from our staff to get this kid to flip. I would put it at less than 1% that we land him. If we somehow land him, I'd be floored because we have never signed a kid out of HS that hasn't taken an official visit. 

As for Grady, I don't think this affects him at all because USF is adament about bringing him in as a safety while Sousa would be brought in as a QB. Here's where it gets dicey because USF is very tight on scholarships and it would seem that the class is already full. USF is still in play for Grady, David Reeves (who just took his last OV to Memphis), Rashawn Scott (I think he's a Bull). They also just hosted a few more kids this past weekend, two of which are already committed to other schools. So I have to think they're gonna land a few more kids to close this class.

With that being said, I think it's guaranteed that there will be some attrition. I don't know who those people are gonna be but I would think a guy like Darren Powe transfers to an FCS school (BCC or FAMU), maybe a guy like Derrick Hopkins, maybe Victor Marc (I doubt it, but possible), possibly a Chase Griffiths.

One thing for sure, it will be interesting   

• Content Count:  1,757

Kid seems legit and has the size Holtz seems to be after. Would be a great pickup.

• Content Count:  4,016

The Skinny on Sousa is this, he says he's stills firm

commitment to Wake but he wants to make sure it's the right decision for him. So he visited Miami officially this past weekend, he said he had good visit but he didn't commit. That was also his 5th official visit, so he can not take any more official visits.  He will however take one last unoffcial visit (which means he has to pay his own way for everything) to USF, probably sometime during this week. He will then make his decision between Wake, Miami and USF.

My thinking is this, since he won't be able to get the full experience of an official at USF, I can't see it stacking up to his officials to Wake and Miami. It would have to take a truly spectacular effort from our staff to get this kid to flip. I would put it at less than 1% that we land him. If we somehow land him, I'd be floored because we have never signed a kid out of HS that hasn't taken an official visit. 

As for Grady, I don't think this affects him at all because USF is adament about bringing him in as a safety while Sousa would be brought in as a QB. Here's where it gets dicey because USF is very tight on scholarships and it would seem that the class is already full. USF is still in play for Grady, David Reeves (who just took his last OV to Memphis), Rashawn Scott (I think he's a Bull). They also just hosted a few more kids this past weekend, two of which are already committed to other schools. So I have to think they're gonna land a few more kids to close this class.

With that being said, I think it's guaranteed that there will be some attrition. I don't know who those people are gonna be but I would think a guy like Darren Powe transfers to an FCS school (BCC or FAMU), maybe a guy like Derrick Hopkins, maybe Victor Marc (I doubt it, but possible), possibly a Chase Griffiths.

One thing for sure, it will be interesting     

Smooth I believe Powe is a guy that could graduate and go play elsewhere even the 1-A level.  May will be four years of him on campus.  Tyson Butler is another that fits that bill.

• Content Count:  15

I cover high school games for the Sentinel and have seen Sousa play.

He has great feet, good speed and a strong arm.

He's not that accurate though, and isn't a skilled passer.

Sousa had an explosive year his junior year, but struggled some his senior year.....but both teams were terrible.

I don't believe that his statistics have been  particularly accurate while at Lake Nona. In one of the games that I did for the paper  covering LK Nona, the school credited Sousa with nearly 100 yards more of total offense than I had (I don't make 100 yard mistakes).

IMO, he's a project.....

• Content Count:  126

Sousa committing to USF wouldn't be any crazier than Scott committing to Miami without ever having set foot on campus and only talking to them for a week?

Archived