• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Davis WR- Jefferson Sr. HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Well, I don't know how Holtz would handle that. Leavitt pulled schollies from commits who decided to take other  late visits. Holtz even did that to Carnes last year.

Coach Holtz didn't pull Carnes' scholarship offer for that reason.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan
Well, I don't know how Holtz would handle that. Leavitt pulled schollies from commits who decided to take other  late visits. Holtz even did that to Carnes last year.

Why did he pull it then?

Even my addled memory seems to recall that being the reason.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Why did he pull it then?

Even my addled memory seems to recall that being the reason.

he didnt want a 6`0 spread option running QB

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This isn't a thread about Brion Carnes. Dre is on campus. Welcome to USF

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

WR Andre Davis is on campus, made it to #USF for an official visit this weekend.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting news out of Big County Preps...

http://bigcountypreps.com

Andre Davis, Jefferson: USF, FSU, Texas Tech are on his short list

You are correct, and from all intensive purposes nothing against Dre but FSU has closed out there recruiting for WR's for this cycle.  If FSU was the school that Dre wanted to attend seriously he would have gave a verbal a long time ago.  I am confident he will go to USF upgrade their WR corp and get early PT.

And they closed out the idea of taking Dre about 6 months ago, ditto for UM.  He's a nice big WR, but he's also slow, with what some would say limited range.  The fact is he was the 2nd best WR on his team this year...and ignorantly USF didn't offer the best who will now be playing against us at Cinci.  There are also serious doubts if the Tech offer still stands they've got 4 WR commits..psst, like I said he's a Bull.

If Dre wants

Examples of Limited Range:

74635_1452697411295_1649091848_1022629_3791138_n.jpg

35318_1303139232434_1649091848_721282_1821902_n.jpg

44914_1370297431347_1649091848_872484_3086442_n.jpg

37206_1385357207832_1649091848_898970_7273034_n.jpg

You fail...read again my post.  I said supreme leaping ability, and great hands.  Limited range means he runs about a 4.7, and lacks first step explosion.  The guys you're showing him up against are all inferior athletes in size and ability.  When he gets to college he'll have to work to overcome his limitations.  But again the hands and leaping ability make him an important target.

speed and first step explosion ≠ range....

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Don't need that much speed in the red zone. Now if we could only get there more frequently. Either way, Davis seems like an upgrade over most all of our recievers on roster.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

so you're now the arbiter of what things mean?  Based on what your ability to run around and glean off your minimalist knowledge of football?  His range in his game is what I was referring too.  His game has a lower ceiling...due to the two aspects I mentioned.  His range going deep is limited.  Let's call it a ceiling since you're so sensitive about useless semantics since it's clear to most what I was explaining.

Don't get your ****** hurt that this commitment possibility isn't what you want him to be....just hope USF can sell Rashawn Scott because he's everything Davis is not.  They would compliment one another like non-other.  I love the idea of those two roaming passing lanes together.

so you're now the arbiter of what things mean?  Based on what your ability to run around and glean off your minimalist knowledge of football?  His range in his game is what I was referring too.  His game has a lower ceiling...due to the two aspects I mentioned.  His range going deep is limited.  Let's call it a ceiling since you're so sensitive about useless semantics since it's clear to most what I was explaining.

Don't get your ****** hurt that this commitment possibility isn't what you want him to be....just hope USF can sell Rashawn Scott because he's everything Davis is not.  They would compliment one another like non-other.  I love the idea of those two roaming passing lanes together.

i dont even know how to respond to post like these.

Archived