• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Davis WR- Jefferson Sr. HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

Newberg confirmed that Davis is visiting USF on the 14th

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Stay home Dre. You can have the full college experience in Tampa, I promise. And you will get to be the star on the local stage. I always get to read great things about you from the local guys. We are gonna make Tampa "our" house.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I wonder if this is in lieu of or planning to make it on the 14th.

via twitter

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

WR Andre Davis tells me he got a visit from #USF today, a coach will meet with his parents tonight

Would be in addition to.  They are limited on the number of in home visits so tis was probably to shore up the official visit, get in front of mom and dad and get an idea of what Andre is looking at. 

Reading the way Josh worded it, I would guess that the visit from USF happened at school, to be followed by the in home.

I wonder if this is in lieu of or planning to make it on the 14th.

via twitter

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

WR Andre Davis tells me he got a visit from #USF today, a coach will meet with his parents tonight

Would be in addition to.  They are limited on the number of in home visits so tis was probably to shore up the official visit, get in front of mom and dad and get an idea of what Andre is looking at. 

Reading the way Josh worded it, I would guess that the visit from USF happened at school, to be followed by the in home.

Sanjay, do you have a citation or link on the number of in-homes a player may have, I looked in NCAA Rules and couldn't find it. Would like to get educated on that point.

In football, one contact per prospective student-athlete is permitted during each week of the contact period as specified in Bylaw 13.17.4 either at the prospective student-athlete's educational institution or any other location (e.g., prospective student-athlete's home). A visit to the prospective student-athlete's educational institution and any other location (e.g., prospective student-athlete's home) during the same calendar day shall be considered one contact.  (Adopted: 1/10/92 effective 8/1/92, Revised: 1/11/94 effective 8/1/94, 12/15/06)

https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/bylawSearch?bylawSearchSubmit=Get%20Selected%20Items&multiple=488&division=1&adopted=0

However that does not apply to the head coach who is further limited

In bowl subdivision football, the head coach may make in-person, off-campus contact with a prospective student-athlete or the prospective student-athlete's relatives or legal guardians only during one calendar day.  It is permissible for this contact to occur both at the site of the prospective student-athlete's educational institution and away from the institutional grounds.  During such contact, the head coach may be accompanied by assistant coaches, who otherwise are required to observe the restrictions contained in the bylaws. Violations of this bylaw shall be considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1; however, such violations shall not affect the prospective student-athlete's eligibility.  (Revised: 1/10/92 effective 8/1/92, 8/5/04, 12/15/06)

https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/bylawSearch?bylawSearchSubmit=Get%20Selected%20Items&multiple=21126&division=1&adopted=0

So the staff gets no more than 1 face to face a week off campus, and the head coach only 1 during a calendar year.  I thought there was another limitation but I may have confused that with the limitation on the head coach.

So the staff gets no more than 1 face to face a week off campus, and the head coach only 1 during a calendar year.  I thought there was another limitation but I may have confused that with the limitation on the head coach.

Thanks for the reference. After reading that one can understand how confused a recruit/ asst coach might get, unless of course the recruit's  dad want's a big bag of money, then it doesn't really matter how many times you stop by to say hi. It just matters what bowl game he's playing in.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I think he'll be a Bull now.  Shoulda been one in August.  I hear a good in-home with family, and I think everyone has set things straight. 

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I think he'll be a Bull now.  Shoulda been one in August.  I hear a good in-home with family, and I think everyone has set things straight. 

hope your right  :)

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting news out of Big County Preps...

http://bigcountypreps.com

Andre Davis, Jefferson: USF, FSU, Texas Tech are on his short list

You are correct, and from all intensive purposes nothing against Dre but FSU has closed out there recruiting for WR's for this cycle.  If FSU was the school that Dre wanted to attend seriously he would have gave a verbal a long time ago.  I am confident he will go to USF upgrade their WR corp and get early PT.

Archived